Wednesday, January 08, 2014

St Catherine of Siena and a word for the year.


Faithfulness. 

After time in prayer and thinking about what I want to do this year, I have chosen St. Catherine of Siena as my saint for the year and faithfulness as my word. 

I have chosen faithfulness because I want to be more faithful to God, my vocation as a mother and wife and all the things that God is calling me to. 

It is my hope this year also to be a bit more faithful to blogging and following the bloggers that follow me. I do post a bit more at Facebook so that has limited my posting here but I want to do both this year. 


3 comments:

Michele said...

you have chosen a wonderful Saint to be your Saint for the year :) I too am endeavouring to blog more this year as well. i took almost a year off from blogging. The result was a return to a blog i had made way back in late 2007, Saint Therese's Roses. a Saint I am very devoted too as you know.

i love your facebook page too :) I like catching up with my friends on their blogs. Aussie Coffee Shop has long been one of my favorite blogs. :) glad to see you back Therese! :) God bless you, and your lovely family!

Kelly Casanova said...

Good choice! God bless you and I hope you can achieve all you hope to this year.

Therese said...

Hi Michele. St Catherine is a wonderful saint. We have so many good examples in the church of leading a good life and following God's plan. I will ask her to intercede for me often.

Hi Kelly. Thanks for your encouragement. I hope I can too.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.