Tuesday, October 21, 2014

School Holidays.

Well we are into the second week of term two so I thought it was high time I did an update of what we did in the holidays.

In the first week, we celebrated my 48th birthday. Only two years till our 50th. It was a nice day. The family went to Mass together in the morning and then we had our parish priest and one of our seminarians over for lunch.

The weather for the first week was quite warm. It was a good time to start summer sewing. I sewed a few tops for me and a couple for a girlfriend.

In the second week, Steve and I travelled to Melbourne. We took Tom and Christopher to Adelaide with us and left them with Daniel and Amelia and Joseph stayed in Port Augusta with Brigette in charge.

Steve and I stayed at the Murcure in Albert Park. We had a very nice view of Lake Albert.
 The reason we went to Melbourne was to see the Musical, Once.



It was one of the best stage shows I have ever seen. I spent a lot of time listening to the soundtrack on YouTube in the weeks leading up to our holiday so knew the songs well. My favourite song would have to be Falling Slowly.



We arrived in Melbourne on Tuesday. Wednesday we had a sleep in and then went to town. We visited St. Patrick's Cathedral for Mass and then sat and prayed for a while after. After a late lunch we went back to the hotel and spent the evening there. \

Thursday we got up early and went out to see my uncle and aunt. They live in the eastern suburbs and we spent the day with them.

Thursday night was Once and on Friday we sat around most of the day at our hotel. It was nice to sit and relax and not have to do anything. After lunch, I ventured out on my own and navigated my way to Lincraft to look at fabric. they were having a sale and I would have bought a lot but I knew I had to get it back home and didn't want to have my luggage weighing more than was allowed.

Friday night we meet my cousin, his fiancée and a good friend that we haven't seen for years. We went to Lygon Street and I had one of the best lasagne's I have ever eaten.
 Here is the 5 of us. Steve, me and Daniel
Tom and Valentina. 

 Steve, me and Daniel. 
 Steve, Valentina, Tom and I. 
Valentina and Tom. 

After a nice tea we went to a chocolate shop for dessert. The dessert was very rich and filling. 

We had such a fun night this night. It was our last night in Melbourne and such a great way to spend it. 

We got back to a sick kid. Christopher picked up some bug while we were away so Sam had to take him to the hospital. We got back Saturday night. I spent the night at the hospital with him and we brought him back to Port Augusta on Sunday morning. 

It was a really nice break. So thankful that our older children are so willing to look after our younger children and give us a small break.  




No comments:

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.