Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Tasty Tuesday a day late.

Because Tuesdays are pretty busy, it is hard to get a post up. Yesterday was unusually extra busy but because I took all the photos to do this post, I just have to do it a day late. So here is my Tasty Tuesday post on Wednesday.

Pizza Wheels. 

Ingredients:

1 zucchini
1 red capsicum
1 green capsicum
1 440 can crushed pineapple
1 box of scone mix
pizza sauce
shredded ham
grated cheese. 

Directions:



Get a big bowl and put a colander inside. Cut the capsicums into small dice and place in colander. 


Grate the zucchini and add to capsicum. 


Next add the tin of crushed pineapple Mix it all together and put in the fridge while you prepare the dough. 

I mix the dough in my Bosco mixer. 

Once it is mixed nicely together, tip it onto a floured bench and kneed lightly. 


I cut one box of scone mix into 4 parts. I roll them out into a rectangle and place on baking paper.

Before I make up the wheels, I turn the oven onto 210.  

Now for the fun.. First put pizza sauce on dough. 

 Next put the shredded ham in the centre. 

 Place mixed vegetables on top of shredded ham. 

 Next put lots of cheese. I love cheese so I add it more than I probably should. 

 Next roll the dough up in a Swiss roll. 
 Keep rolling till it is a long snake. (This is what Joseph calls it at this stage). 

Cut the pizza snake  wheels into 12-15 and place in muffin trays. 

Place in  preheated oven for 12 minutes. 
This is what they look like when they come out of the oven. On Friday, I made 60 of them and this is what we have left. They are pretty popular.

For those of you with diabetic children, these pizza wheels have a carb ratio of 0.25. 

3 comments:

Marilyn R said...

They look great Therese, and very tasty.

Tania said...

Those look yum Therese, I can see why you wouldn't have many left lol!

x

Easter Almuena said...

You are amazing, Therese!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.