Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Bits and pieces.

Today Daniel got his learners licence. He has driven me around to a couple of places and I am still living (obviously lol) although my heart jumped into my mouth several times while I was the teaching driver.

I am going through all my cupboards and getting rid of our excess. Fly lady says getting rid of the excess will help us with our routines. I didn't think I had much excess but when I went through all our cupboards, I found quite a few things that are not necessary and don't bless the family at all.

I have cleaned out our plastics cupboard and got rid of all the containers that don't have lids and all the lids that don't have bottoms. Goodness only knows where all their mates have ended up but they are not in my kitchen cupboards.

The heat wave we have been having finally broke today and it wasn't too hot to go out and hang washing. Sam usually hangs the washing late at night but I am going through all our cupboards and washing seems to be multiplying so I have done a few extra loads.

Steve stained our bedroom floor today but is really unhappy with the look so tomorrow he will go to Whyalla and hire a sander and start over. When the floor is finished I will take some photos and put them up here. I already have some before shots.

8 comments:

Michele said...

now you can have him drive you everywhere:)

Anonymous said...

You are really good at de-cluttering! My husband is like that.I get so overwhelmed sometimes and just throw everything out when no one is looking. They do not even miss it! That is the funny part. Blessings, Rose

X said...

Therese, I can't believe I haven't added a link to your blog!!!!! Forgive me for the oversight! It will be up soon!

Therese said...

Hey no worries. I like to put them on my blog so that I go and read them regularly. I forget the address without it on my blog.

God bless
Therese

Dawn said...

I'll remember when I hear on the news about some white-knuckled lady in Australia, they will be talking about you :)

We have 2 years, 2 months, 24 days before I will be going through the same ;)

Anonymous said...

Thankfully we have at least another 10 years before we go through the same thing with the driving.

My theory about the plastic lids/containers. I think that the lid or container ran off with the missing socks. Of course, where that would be is a great question.

I thought about doing Flylady. But, after I read about polishing your kitchen sink, I decided it was WAY too much for me. I am still waiting to have my new countertop and sink installed. Perhaps after that happens, I will think about it (for a minute or two.) :D

Easter Almuena said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Therese. This is what I had in mind, but since we are not back to homeschooling yet and I have this wonderful book to read, I have been procrastinating... I'll start tomorrow. :-)

Episcopollyanna said...

Good luck on the driver's ed. training. I don't think I could handle that. Luckily, we have a long way to go until that's even an issue.

We too have just started a massive cleaning project (another one). It's a constant work in progress here.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.