Thursday, January 17, 2008

Master bedroom just about done.

Yesterday my mother came to Port Augusta on the train. She will stay with us for a week. She has recently had an operation on one of her knee's and will be having another one on the other knee in a couple of weeks. I would apreciate prayers for her and that the operation will be successful.




Because she was here this morning Steve and I went to Mass on our own. It was great. We got there 15 minutes early and prayed in the church. I haven't had a moment like that for a long time.

I have picked out most of Toms and Amelia's curriculum for this year and I am putting together our daily routine. I am feeling very excited about homeschooling them and interacting with them on a daily basis.

Steve has finally finished the painting in our room so all that we need to do now is the curtains and quilt. You can see from the photos what a great job he has done. I am so very proud of him. This is the fabric I have bought for our quilt and curtains. Hopefully I will get the curtains finished before school starts.

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

Oh boy, painting is a big job. So much prep work, my husband will do anything but paint. LOL. It looks like he did a nice job. Pretty colors.

I'll remember your mother in my evening prayers.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

What a great job Steve did! It looks really nice! Can't wait to see your quilt and curtains!

Since I'm kind of new to your blog, or maybe I just overlooked it, but I would like to know, is this your first time homeschooling or have you always done that?

I will be praying for your mother!

God bless!

Therese said...

The painting is a huge job. Steve is very fussy too Alexandria. We totally clash on colours. He likes very different colours to me. We both did like this one and I am really happy with the look of the bedroom.

Lisa, I homeschooled my now 12 year old for 6 months a couple of years ago and Tom for half of last term. This is the first time I will have two at home though.

Easter Almuena said...

AWESOME! I am happy Steve is allowing those pretty colors in your room. What a wonderful husband you have!

Unknown said...

It's so awesome to see your home coming along. A bit at a time and it pays off in the end!!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.