Saturday, January 26, 2008

My new pantry





Here is my new pantry in stages:



Today I did my first oamc day. It was a big job and I am exhausted. We have had a couple of extra bills so my plan was to cook for 20 days rather than 30.


I have made:


Pizza's
Mushroom pasta sauce
Tomato pasta sauce
chicken chow mein
Beef stroganoff


Still to make (because we had so many other things going on today):


Chicken enchiladia's
Lasagna
Boglanaise sauce
Sausage casserole
Chicken cheesecake


For each of these I doubled our recipe and we will have 20 meals in the freezer tomorrow.


I will be doing the next big one in a fortnight. A few things I will do differently.

1) Shop the day before and cut up all the vegetables. I got up at 6 this morning so that I could do the shopping. The children helped me cut up the vegetables so it didn't take too long but I didn't start cooking till after lunch.
2) Plan to do nothing else all day. I had told the children that I would be able to take them to Big W for stationery needs. This was the other reason I didn't start cooking till lunch time.
3) Write out a list of recipes and do them in order. Hopefully as I do it a couple more times it will become easier.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome pantry, Therese! Really good work!

Deborah said...

Oh - I love renovations~!!

20 meals in the freezer. Wow. That's a lot.

Something new that I've just started doing is menu planning and shopping according to the menu. LOL - I'm nearly 40 and I'm only just learning how to do this now. I can't imagine cooking for 20 days in advance though. That's impressive.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.