Friday, January 04, 2008

mmmmmmmm. Fish tonight.

We don't usually eat much fish. I have been to the fish shop today though and bought two baby snapper and 12 fillets of garfish. Tonight I am going to try fish parcels.

The recipe I have in mind is this:

Mix together the following:

Soy Sauce, dijon mustard, olive oil, and chopped garlic in a bowl. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and then marinade it in the sauce. Leave in sauce for 1 hour and wrap in alfoil.

Bake in the oven at 180(celsius) until done.

If everyone likes it I am going to make it a part of my oamc. To do fish for oamc you buy the fish fresh, put the marinade on it and wrap it in alfoil. Place in freezer and then when you want to eat it heat the oven up and place the frozen fish in alfoil in preheated oven.

9 comments:

Judy said...

Yum! That sounds really good.

Alexandra said...

Yum..I'll have to try this. I've done fish with garlic and soy sauce, but haven't tried mustard. Thanks for sharing. :)

Episcopollyanna said...

I grew up eating fish about 3-4 times a week (mostly salmon and halibut). Your recipe sounds good; I hope your family likes it. It's a healthy animal protein source. :)

Anonymous said...

Your fish recipe sounds tasty! My husband always prepares his fish and wraps it in alfoil. I am sure everyone will love it. Blessings, rose

Michele said...

since we don't eat meat on friday's, its fish night here also. iam having salmon.

Easter Almuena said...

Yummmyyyy! I can taste it already! :-)

We are back to homeschooling, I'm still reading a good book, and... DECLUTTERING! You are my inspiration on the latter. Thanks, Therese! :-)

Therese said...

Marilena,

This recipe has salmon as the fish for the sauce. Try it out.

Dawn said...

Sounds delicious! I will have to give it a try sometime.

AnchorMama said...

I love simple, yummy recipes like this one! I hadn't thought of freezing the little packets, though. Good idea!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.