Thursday, January 31, 2008

oh my goodness.

We had a good trip to Adelaide. Tom's Endocrinologist is very happy with his bsl and management.

I thought we would be at the hospital a lot longer than we were but were leaving Adelaide by 11.30.

We were only 5 km out of Port Augusta and I was pulled over by police for a random breath test. I was clear but this other police officer found that the car I was driving was unregistered. Our car registration was due last November and somehow we overlooked paying it.

I was interviewed on the side of the road by the police and when he finished he told me that I will be summoned to court in 4 to 6 weeks for driving an unregistered vehicle. I will get fined and may loose my license for a short time. They let me drive the car home and when Steve got home I told him and we went and registered the car.

Without the police pulling us over we never would have realized that the car was unregistered. If we had been in an accident we would have had no insurance which is really frightening. I was a bit scared when the policeman told me that the car was unregistered but this is better than having an accident and finding out. I have learnt my lesson.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Therese,

I am glad that you are back home safely.

It sounds like a very unfortunate situation. I hope that it gets cleared up, and you don't lose your license.

God Bless you and have a great day!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

This sounds a bit like a good news/bad news/good news post!

Abbey's Road said...

Wow, they are really strict in Australia, huh! Losing your license over an unregistered vehicle - I kinda wish they'd be more strict here in the States. I am sorry you had trouble, but what impresses me most is how you took it so well and learned from it.

God bless,
Abbey

P.S. I lost a two friends this week, both on the 29th ... please pray for the repose of the souls of Casey Black (wrote about him on my blog) and Kathy Rozendale. Thanks so much!

Dawn said...

Praying you can resolve this without incident.

Episcopollyanna said...

Therese - I'm so sorry this happened. Oddly, you're the second friend of mine that had this happen this week. My other friend forgot to renew her tabs back in October and just got a big ticket. Luckily her car was parked at the time so she was spared the lecture. You've been going through so much with Tom's pump and the holidays - it's easy to overlook things.

Praying that all will be resolved easily and swiftly for you!

Therese said...

Lisa,

Steve and I were talking about it last night. The notice probably came while I was in Adelaide with him getting the pump.

Shelly said...

A blessing in disguise? Still a bit scary though. and a breathalizer [breath test] too?! I'm glad you were able to see God's blessing in such a inconvenient instance.

Alexandra said...

Praying for leniency when you appear before the judge. It is your first time, so lesson learned.

It's so easy to let those things go by the wayside. We have to get yearly inspecions on our vehicles, and it always falls on a month which we seem to very busy with life.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Therese there's never a dull moment is there? I really admire the way you see the positives in your situation. Praying that you don't lose your licence.

gemoftheocean said...

Oh my. Here you have to carry insurance, which is STILL in effect whether or not the reg. tag is up to date. If you are within six months, of the tag being out of date, then the cop tickets you and you pay a fine and bring it up to date. If its after 6 months they can have your car impounded and towed until you pony up the fine and bring the registration current.

Karen

Shosannah said...

Oh that must have been a really unsettling experience.
Sometimes we get so busy,things like this can pass us by easily.
Praying you won't get a heavy penalty.
Blessings
suzy

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.