Saturday, November 01, 2008

New blogs I have started following.

I have come across many new and great blogs over the last month.

Living in my own home town is Tania from Outback. It is great to find someone so close to home. Hopefully sometime soon we will meet at the soccer field. Tania's son is playing for the Strikers and Tom and Amelia are playing for the Eagles. They are not in the same age group of players but they all play on the same night at the same place so hopefully we will be able to meet.

Another Aussie home schooling mum (Grace) has started blogging Beyond The Black Stump. Grace has many yummy recipes and many different meme's to do. I liked her Monday 5 list. I put up 5 things but I think I failed in all of them except one.

Loretta has started a new blog called Poetry and Other Ramblings. She is another home school mom with a son. Go and check out her son dressed up as a zombie for Haloween.

Another Therese posted a comment on my blog. her blog is Musings of a mom. I thought it was great to see another Therese on the net. It can be confusing though. I subscribe to extra comments when I leave a comment and when a comment come through from Therese I find myself wondering if it is me or the other Therese.

Blogger Journey of Truth blogs at Ora et Labora. I love her wit and humour. I read her blog post 4th folder, 4th photo meme late at night. I was trying to hold the laughter in so I didn't wake the rest of the house.

Journey of Truth has a good friend Dawn. Dawn blogs at A helping hand Her blog has been very informative in keeping up with news about the upcoming election and she has some great ideas for home schooling.

Finally I have started reading A Catholic Mom in Minnesota Tracey has been blogging for a while and just about every blog I visit I see comments from her so I knew she would be just as interesting as all the other blogs I read.

When blog rolling comes back up I will be adding all these blogs in. Blogging has become such an important part of my life. I have made some really great friends and look forward to getting to know these other bloggers better too.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Great post Therese! Thank you for sharing these blogs. Sometimes, without the referral of others, we could miss the blessings that these blogs offer!

Have you decided on your roof color yet?

Therese said...

Oh my. I forgot your blog Nancy. :::red face:::

I was going to put you in there too.

We are leaning towards a darker colour still but my dear darling husband likes to analyzes everything and make sure it is the right choice. We will probably have another poll in a week or two if he has anything to do with it.

Time for bed here.

Therese

Sarah - Kala said...

Thanks for the heads-up, dearie! Dawn and I aren't just good friends - we lived on the same military post a few years and had coffee together most every morning - we live in separate states now - and boy! do I miss her being close enough to get together!! Still, we chat up often enough over the phone. She is a digger - she will out-search anyone I know for information! She's a wonderful Catholic - she helped me learn more about the faith than any ol' book could. I have much to be grateful for to God for giving me another sister like Dawn. btw, my doggie, Holly, is the daughter of her dog, T-Bone. I'll post a pic of Hols soon. AND, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog.

Unknown said...

This is the other Therese...thanks for the kind words! I love reading your blog too!

grace said...

Therese
I didn’t even know what a Meme was until Fr John tagged me a few weeks ago (now I am a Meme a holic lol).
My 5 on Monday... I managed three (I am up to date with my ironing). Yay me

Therese said...

good for you Grace. Do you want to come and catch up on my ironing? Heck I'd even let you help me with my washing. :::grin:::

Dawn said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog Therese! I am happy to have found your blog and enjoy reading it immensely!

Tracy said...

Hello:) Thanks for visiting my blog, I was very excited to find your blog and have added you to my blog roll!!
Many Blessings

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.