Thursday, August 31, 2006

fractured arm.

fractured arm

I fell last Friday down our steps and hurt my arm. I went to the doctor who decided that I had torn a tendon. He gave me some pain killers and some cream and I went home. On Monday evening my arm was really sore. I decided that driving was hurting it the most so organised for my dh to take the children to school and made an appointment to go back to the doctor after school when he could take me. I had xrays and the radial has a fracture. So I will not be driving or using my arm very much for the next three weeks. I think I will start to appreciate having a drivers licence after this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Therese! So sorry to hear about your arm:( I hope the pain killers start working and you get some relief. Am behind on your blog lately! Take it easy, prayers for your arm/healing.

Emily

lowdenclear said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. :(

One thing the Americans definitely do well... painkillers!!! Tylenol Extra Strength is just the best!!! :)

Therese said...

I am taking panamax at the moment. If it gets any worse I can take panadine forte. That is really strong but I have a pretty high tollerance for pain usually so doubt I will need it.

Anonymous said...

Wow mum! I hope you heal really fast. Can you still cook and pick up you baby and those kinds of things?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this Therese! Hope everything heals quickly!

Therese said...

Christopher can be picked up with my good arm. cooking is fine. I cannot hang out the washing or drive. I think I will miss the driving eventually. At the moment Steve has to run the children everywhere and is getting a taste of being Taxi mum.

Therese said...

I am watching more movies.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.