Sunday, March 09, 2008

A long weekend.

This weekend in South Australia we have a day off for The Adelaide Cup.

Growing up horse racing was a hobby of my fathers so often the whole family went to things like Oakbank and The Adelaide Cup.. I cannot recall an Easter that we didn't go down to Oakbank on the Easter Monday. The part my siblings and I looked forward to was going on the sideshows.

So tomorrow we South Aussie's get a day off and I might watch the race on TV if I remember. For the next three weeks we have short weeks. This week we have the Adelaide Cup, next week Good Friday and the following week Easter Monday. The children will have two weeks of school after Easter and then we have two weeks holidays.

1 comment:

Fr John Speekman said...

You guys have had some weather. I am so glad I was not there to enjoy it with you. Unless I could sit under that airconditioner - cooler in the lounge. How you put up with extreme heat I can't understand. It brings me entirely undone. Oh well, I guess that's why we have had a relatively cool summer in Sydney - just for me(?).

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.