Friday, April 08, 2011

7 Quick Takes.

-1-

Visitors.

This weekend, we have my mother and Steve's mother here. It is great to have them here and catch up with them.

-2-

Term one.

Next week is the last week of term one. We will be on holidays for Holy Week and I am really looking forward to having a break and spending holy week as a family together.

-3-

Coffee time.

Just about every afternoon, when everyone gets home from school, Steve and I have a coffee together. Often we sit out in our new garden area.

I was reading on Leanne's blog, about how she and her husband Dermont, share morning coffees together. Recently they decided to add readings from the bible each morning to their coffee time.

This sounds like a great idea so I think Steve and I might do it once a week or so. I don't think we will be able to do it every day because we have so many after school activities to drive children to. We should be able to do it once a week though I think.

-4-

Chrism Mass.

This Tuesday is our Diocesan Chrism mass. It is in Port Pirie so I will be taking Tom, Amelia, Christopher and Joseph over to it.

We will probably have lunch after at the Port Pirie foreshore playground.

-5-

Basal Testing.

Over the last two weeks, Tom has been having extremely high blood sugar levels. He needed a big increase in insulin so we had to do a lot of over night testing.

I have been getting up at least twice each night for a while now but I am pretty confident we have the basal rate right now.

We also had a few site issues. One of the complications from a pump is getting an insulin build up under the skin. You can feel the lumps and it just makes it harder for the insulin to be absorbed.

Over 24 hours I had to change Tom's site, 3 times so I decided it was time to move it from his upper leg to his butt. So far so good. Today he has been in range all day except for one low which was from running around without extra sugar.

-5-

Brigette's curtains.

I am pretty confident I will finish these tomorrow. I am very happy with the way they are looking. Once we get them up in her room, I will take some photos to share with you all. She designed just about everything for her bedroom and it looks great. She has a really good eye and has coordinated all the colours in really well.

-6-

Little Athletics.

This Sunday is little athletics presentation. Tom, Amelia and Christopher are all looking forward to it.

-7-

Joseph.

Joseph has been very teary all week. I think he is getting some new teeth. Today I gave him paracetamol every 6 hours and he has been his usual happy self. I really hope tomorrow he is back to his old happy self.

Don't forget to drop in on Jen from Conversion Diary for other people's quick takes.

No comments:

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.