Friday, February 03, 2012

7 Quick Takes.


Thanks so much to Hallie from Betty Beguiles for hosting 7 quick takes for the next few weeks while Jen finishes of her book.  

-1-

This week was the first week of school term 1. We had a good start on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday were hard days but today seemed better again. I am glad it is the weekend and we can sit and relax a bit again. 

-2-

Next Tuesday, Joseph turns 2. I cannot believe how fast it has gone.

Here are the first photos Steve put up of him the day after he arrived.

Here is the video I did on his first birthday.

-3-

On the 11th of February, Christopher will have been on the pump for 1 year. He is going really well with it. Whenever the boys have a significant event to do with their diabetes, I give a donation to The Faustman Lab.

-4-

Tonight the children are watching The Sound of Music. It is on the top of my list of favourite movies from my childhood. One of my most memorable birthday presents was the soundtrack from the movie.

-5-

I decided tonight to change the colour of my blog. I may change it again when lent starts.

-6-

Only two and a bit weeks till lent starts. I am starting to prepare activities for the children to do at home. Catholic mom has some great ideas for lent.

-7-

Next weekend, Daniel and my mother are coming for a visit. We are looking forward to seeing them both.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Therese.  

4 comments:

Amy said...

The Sound of Music is a treasure for sure!!

Judy Dudich said...

I used to drive people crazy in my youth because I knew ALL the words to the entire Sound of Music movie...I could practically say the lines of each character AND I knew every song...STILL one of our favorites...although, since I read the REAL Maria Trapp story; I've realized how "fictitious" some of the movie is...did you know that there was no "Uncle Max" in real life and that it was a Catholic Priest who traveled with them?
Happy Birthday to your sweet Joseph! My Benjamin turns 5 on the 11th! My BABY!

Kelly Casanova said...

Hope you have a great weekend too. I'm a bit of a Sound of Music fan and played Liesl in a musical when I was 16.

Alexandra said...

Happy belated birthday to Joseph!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.