Saturday, June 26, 2010

7 quick Takes.


--1--

Joseph
Joseph is rolling over all the time now and playing more with toys. Everything goes in his mouth as soon as he has a hold of it. He is starting to dislike being in the sling at times. He still really loves being there but there are times when he just doesn't want that. He still wants to be held by me but not in the sling at those times. Here is a video of Amelia holding Joseph in the sling. She keeps on telling me that she is Josephs official baby sitter and thinks I should pay her $1.00 a week for the hard work she does.



--2--

Christopher.

Yesterday Christopher had his 6 teeth pulled out. Steve took him to Whyalla for the surgery and I stayed home with Tom, Amelia and Joseph. It was a long day for Christopher but he doesn't seem to be affected at all from this.

--3--
No Internet.

This week is the third week of no internet between 8am and 4pm. I miss reading a lot of blogs but I have been able to catch up most weekends with everything that is happening.

Home school is going really well because of this and I am keeping up with all the house work.

I really noticed it today when we had all our Saturday jobs done by lunch time.

--4--

Photos by Christopher.

Christopher picked up my camera on Sunday and started taking photos of everyone.

Here is the photo he took of me and Joseph



He wanted to take a photo of himself and this is the result.



I said to him, maybe he would be able to get a good one of himself by taking a photo of himself in a mirror. He headed up to our bathroom and this is what he got:

This is so cute.

--5--

Bed Times!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the things Steve and I are finding hard with having young children and teenagers in the house.

Because we have teenage children coming and going and making noise, the younger children seem to find it hard to settle down to sleep.

I remember when Daniel, Sam, Madeline and Brigette were all under 10, our house was quiet by 8.00 and all the children were asleep.

That just seems to be a thing of the past for us. Do you have any advise for getting the younger children to sleep when the older ones are sitting around still and sometimes watching TV?

--6--

New Laptop.

Steve bought a new laptop while we were in Adelaide. We now have three computers in our house.

The laptop Steve bought is a Toshiba. So far we all love it.

I had to laugh at Erin's quick take about their computers and naming them. I wonder what names my children would come up with for our computers.

--7--

Skype.

The new laptop has a camera so I have joined Skype.

Skype allows free online video calls. I haven't used it on the laptop yet but had a chat with a friend the other day from my computer.

I would love to connect up with some other bloggers some time.

My skype account is Therese8972 so if you have a skype account, please add me.

Pop over to Jen's for some other quick takes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Glad all seems to be well!

Elisa said...

Haha, my 4.5 year old steals my camera and secretly takes pictures too and then I find them later. They are usually decent!
I don't know if I will go back and get more raw milk because it is still an hour away. I think we will just get some every now and then...but at least we have the option!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Nothing quite like having a child who cares enough to care...Amelia is a treasure. Christopher may just turn into quite the artist. Wishing you all well! Cathy

Lauren said...

Have just bookmarked your site as an Aussie homeschooling resource. It looks great! I'll be back for a proper read later.

Katidids said...

Great post.. Good helpers you have there! Age spans do make it hard at bed time. They had 15 min in bed with books and then lights out. They would sleep thru everything. I just msged you on skype

kim said...

juts had a minuet to read some of your older posts.

oh my about the bedtimes! that is my problem too that I think a lot of other moms with just one or 2 young children don't grasp. It is sooooooo difficult to get my kids to slep early with older siblings and noise. There is some noise that is good for babies to sleep through but the noise of 8 kids or in my case, 5 older siblings...they make soooo much noise that its just too hard to sleep! My younger ones only sleep early when the older ones are visiting relatives or not there.

and we do have skype too but I haven't figured it out yet.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.