Monday, June 28, 2010

Winter sewing.

Winter is really upon us now and I need to get some winter things sewn for the boys especially. They seem to have all grown suddenly and all their jumpers and jeans are too short on their arms and legs.

This week is the last week of school and then we have two weeks holidays. I thought if I can get all the patterns and fabric cut out this week, it would be a good job for me to do over the holidays.

These are the patterns I have to do.


For Tom and Christopher. These are Kwik Sew pattern 2543. I have done these jeans several times and the pattern is an old favourite.


For Amelia and Brigette possibly. Brigette is starting to prefer shop bought clothes to mums home made. This is kwik sew pattern 3135. I haven't sewn it before but it has a couple of good reviews.


For Brigette, Tom, Amelia and Christopher. I have this pattern in all sizes. Another very easy kwik sew pattern. Numb er 2536.



For Brigette and Amelia. A very simple poncho pattern. This is kwik sew 3458. I think in my sewing patterns now, kwik sew would be my biggest lot. I really like the paper they are on and their instructions are easy to understand.

For Joseph. This is kwik sew 3089.


winter pyjamas for the boys. Kwik sew 3042


This kwik sew pattern is the pattern I used for all the boys summer shirts. It was a very simple pattern. I was looking for a similar one with long sleeves to make them both some winter shirts but haven't found one. I have decided to use this pattern and have a go at lengthening the sleeve and putting a cuff on it. I am hoping this will turn out because I have a great fabric for their winter shirts.


My final winter pattern is a pinafore for Amelia. This is kwik sew 3190.

I know I won't get them all done by the end of the holidays but I am hoping they will all have at least one outfit sewn each.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the results!

Melanie said...

Hope you'll accoplish all your sewing goals. I have to start on fall/winter clothes myself. What I did for Emily's sleepsacks; I just extended the bottom, the arm/chest part is still big enough.
Many Blessings, Melanie

paramedicgirl said...

You are going to be busy! I used to love sewing, but haven't sewed a stitch in about four years. I remember making all my daughter's figure skating outfits, dresses etc. It was fun sewing all the Halloween costumes for my kids. Still have them, actually!

Unknown said...

I have some sewing lined up for the holidays including girl's pinafores

Katidids said...

Great pattern selection. I really like Kwik sew patterns, so versital!

Elisa said...

FUN!!! I've always thought there are NO good patterns for boys...but you've just inspired me! I need to try shorts & shirts for the boys. I want to sew that little sleeping bag for my new baby that is due in Dec. I still have yet to sew a child's clothing outfit. Does it take you a long time to do one of these?

Therese said...

Elisa,

When I have a heap of sewing to do, I trace the patterns, cut out and then sew. It takes days to get the patterns all cut out but once I have them all waiting,I can usually get one sewn a day.

My sewing area gets very messy but I can usually get this back under control a couple of days after finishing.

Alexandra said...

Nice!

You've got the winter, and we have a heat wave at the other side of the planet. I could do with a little of your cool weather. Send some up. ;)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.