Sunday, August 01, 2010

Why I am a Catholic.



I think most Catholics would have seen this video. It is one of my favourite ones on youtube.

Over the weekend one of my friends on facebook left a status update saying that the Pope is the Antichrist.

I am not the only Catholic friend that this friend has so quite a few of us challenged the statement.

This status update ended up becoming a discussion about the Catholic church and their beliefs especially about the bible alone vs. the bible and oral tradition.

At the end of the discussion, I offered to send two people that were asking questions a copy of the book, surprised by truth. I asked them both to pm their addresses to me so that I can send it out to them.

I know that one of the two I have offered the book to reads my blog so I really hope she takes up my offer. I think the journey towards heaven is a long long road. We all make choices that hopefully lead us to God but we all stumble too. I know with the help of others through prayer, we can all become better Christians. I will be praying for both these friends and hope you will all join with me too. I also ask them for their prayers for me.

Therese.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I will oray for those people, Therese! As well as for you, dear friend!

Laura said...

I applaud your response to "teach" and to help this person understand our perspective. When we respond in hateful language, we add fuel to the anti-Catholic agenda.
I always try to ask for clarification which starts a good dialogue. When people tell me they "hate" my Church, I find that it is usually because they have been hurt by it.
I think the healing can start by simply listening.

Momza said...

Popped over the MEGA FAMILY--
You have written an interesting post about your faith.
I am not your religion, but I do ascribe to another and my faith is similar to yours.
I have found that religion is a vehicle that helps me express my faith to the degree that I allow it to affect my life. Faith is its own reward.
And all faiths, if lived with devotion and purpose, can bless our lives.
Thanks for this topic. So appropriate for the Sabbath.

kim said...

awesome video

Shirley said...

We are all called to evangelize, each in our own way. The internet is a powerful tool.

Unknown said...

The video is awesome. I have seen this before, but it has been awhile. Also, I also congratulate you in trying to teach and stop the hate. God Bless Therese!

Alexandra said...

Prayers offered up for the spirit of ecumenicism.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.