Saturday, August 28, 2010

My three favourite Catholic prayers.

A while ago, Therese from The musings of a mom and Epsilon from All the little epsilons tagged me for a meme.

This year, I haven't done many of the meme's or passed on many awards that others have given me simply because I am not blogging nearly as much and I have forgotten to post them. I wanted to post this first and apologise. I really hope that no one has been offended at my lack of passing on or posting of memes. I really do enjoy doing them most of the time.

I think I have also come across a way to remember to post them on. I am simply subscribing to the comments and keeping them in my inbox till I do them.

So now onto the meme.

My first favourite Catholic prayer is:



The Divine Mercy Chaplet.

2) The St. Michael the Archangel prayer.

3) The Holy Rosary.

I tag the following bloggers:

Paramedic Girl from Salve Regina.

Honey from Mile to Go.

Erin from Seven Little Australians.

Angie from Gaza Clan.

Christie from Garden of Holiness.

7 comments:

honey said...

Therese, Oh, how I needed to hear that video clip this morning! Thank you. I am so new at blogging that I don't know what it means to be "tagged". Can you tell me please so if I am to do something I will be able to respond? Thanks, Therese.

Therese said...

ih Honwy,

I am so forgetful with posting instructions.

You just have to do a post on your blog about your three favouritw prayers. Then ask 5 other bloggers to post theirs.

It is a great way to meet other bloggers and see blogs we haven't seen before.

Therese said...

oops. sorry for the typo in your name.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Lovely song. It is so comforting to hear the words sung. Wishing you well! Cathy

honey said...

Thanks Therese!

honey said...

When I was in the sixth grade at Christ the King Catholic School in Snyder, N.Y., our teacher, Mrs. Parkot asked us to memorize the Memorare. I have never forgotten it, and I have prayed it daily ever since. I say it at least once a day, more often than not, though, I pray it several times throughout the day. I always think of her when I begin the prayer. I'm sure she is long gone by now, and I often wonder what she would think if she knew that at least one child in her class would always remember her when praying it.

Remember Oh, most gracious Virgin Mary That never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee Oh, Virgin of Virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. Oh, Mother of the Word Incarnate despise not my petition but in thy mercy hear and answer me Amen

I don't really know who to tag, so I will post this here and hope that others will post their favorite prayer as well. Two other favorite prayers I pray every day are the Prayer to St. Jude and the Act of Contrition. God Bless

Therese said...

Honey,

The Memorare is one of my favourite prayers too.

Thanks for sharing your favourite prayers.

Therese

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.