Monday, March 28, 2011

My mission statement.

Last week, I wrote about writing a mission statement. This is what I wrote for my mission.

Firstly I thought about all the roles I have in my life.

I am a provider, teacher, wife, friend and disciple.

To write my mission statement, I thought about, what do I want to achieve with all these roles?

After much prayer and going through the eBook, this is what I came up with for each role.

1) Disciple:

To pray everyday, go to mass regularly, receive the sacrament of confession regularly and to go where ever God leads me, even if I am scared of what it could lead too.

2) Teacher:

To be attentive to the childrens lessons, to help them learn, form good study habits, have a good routine and love life.

3) Provider:

To provide all the children's needs, both emotionally, physically, To keep them all as healthy as possible.

4) wife:

To love Steve. To hold nothing back from him. To be just as happy (or even happier) when our children have all moved on.

5) Friend.

To have relationships with other women. To encourage them and be encouraged by them. To be open to any challenges from them and see when God is using them to talk to me.

So many times this week, I have thought, I don't want to do xyz. Every time I have had this thought though, I have also thought about why I am doing it and what I want to gain from doing it. That is how I see the mission statement working in my life. It gives me the incentive to get up and do xyz when I don't want to.

1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

My dear Therese, you are such an inspiration!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.