Friday, April 30, 2010

Thai night.

On Friday nights, Brigette, Tom, Amelia and Christopher go to kids club. Usually Sam and Madeline are both working so it is just Steve, Joseph and I for tea. Tonight, Christopher wanted to stay home so I decided to cook a couple of meatless dishes.

We had Thai curry corn soup and fettuccine Marinara.

This is the curry corn soup. It was delicious. Oh and it did boil over just before I got the corn in.

To make,

3 tspns red curry paste.
400mls coconut milk.
1.5 cups chicken stock.
1 can creamed corn.
1 can corn kernels.
onion.
Tomato.
coriander.

In a saucepan, cook the curry paste till fragrant. Add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil and add the cream corn and corn kernels.

Heat through and serve. Put diced tomato, onion and coriander on top.

For the Marinara.

400 grams fettuccine
1 onion.
1 tbspn olive oil.
1 jar pasta sauce
2 tbspns dill
600 marinara mix.
dash of Tabasco sauce.
(I used chilli because we didn't have any Tabasco).

Place fettuccine noodles in boiling water and boil for 6-8 minutes.
While it is cooking, start making the sauce.


dice the onion and cook in olive oil for about 5 minutes.


Add dill and pasta sauce and bring to the boil.
Add marinara mix and simmer for 5 minutes or until marinara is cooked.


Add Fettuccine and enjoy.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy!!!

Michele said...

myself, iam partial to italian food:D great grandma was italian:D

Mrs. B. said...

I'm gonna yet this!

Lisa said...

OH, YUM! I'm copying these out, Therese.

gramma2many said...

I have never heard of or thought of dill in my marinara sauce. I might just try that:)
The corn chowder looks very good too. I have not made that in ages, just might be time.
Thanks for the great dinner hints:)

Kelly said...

Mmm! Everything looks super yummy!

I love curry too!

Can I hire you to cook for me? lol ;)

Thanks for sharing Therese.

God bless!

Jeanne said...

I've copied down the soup recipe as well. Thanks! Yummo.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

looks so wonderful I can almost smell it! Wonderful weekend to you all!! Cathy

Aubrey said...

That looks awesome! I wish I could come to Australia on Fridays. ;)

suzy said...

Lovely, Simple, Healthy food.
I'll try that soup I think, I love curry flavours.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.