Monday, April 05, 2010

It is great to be back.

I have read a lot from my google reader this morning. It is great to catch up with everyone again.

Besides Joseph's baptism, and Amelia's first reconciliation, a lot of other things have happened in our lives. I will try and recap as much as I can remember for you all now.

Madeline turned 15 on the 29th of March. She wanted to go to Hungry Jacks for tea so I had a night off cooking and we all enjoyed some junk food.

On the 31st of March, it was 9 years since Tom was diagnosed with diabetes. I try to be as positive as I can about it and give thanks for the insulin we have and that we can keep such a close eye on his blood sugar level with the glucometer. Each year around the time of Tom's diagnosis, we give a donation to the Faustman lab.

Joseph turned 8 weeks on Easter Sunday. He has settled into our family very nicely. The other children all love him a lot.He does tend to become unsettled in the late afternoon with reflux but is usually very settled and happy in the mornings. In the afternoon when he becomes unsettled we generally put him in his sling and he stays much happier.

I did spend much less time on the internet during lent but I also spent a lot more time watching TV. Steve and I are both enjoying watching the Biggest Looser each night and NCIS has become my favourite programe on TV. I am really looking forward to season two of Master Chef which will start when The Biggest Looser finishes. Don't worry though, I will still make time to read other blogs and update this one.

Daniel has settled into life away from home. We see him just about every weekend. I was a bit sad to see him go but glad he has such a good job and is so close to home.

The next two weeks everyone is on holidays and I am looking forward to sleeping in and taking it easy. I want to get planning for home school done too. This past term went really smoothly because I planned just about every subject for the whole term.

11 comments:

Mrs. B. said...

Glad you're back!

Alexandra said...

NCIS is one of our favorites as well. Good to see you back. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to all of you.
God bless and keep you.
Shell

XX

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Good to read your posts again! Hope you enjoy your holidays!

Mary N. said...

Welcome back :) The pictures are wonderful and I'm glad to hear things are going well. Praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
I hope that you enjoy your holidays. :)

Have a wonderful week,
Blessings, Jillian ♥

Kelly Casanova said...

Welcome back, glad all is well with you and yours.

Tracy said...

Welcome Back!!! Prayers that you and your sweet family had a lovely Lent, Holy week and Easter!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Happy Easter and so very glad to have you back!!!!! Cathy

Katidids said...

Welcom Back!!! You were missed greatly! NCISl...my fav show! CBS.com & you an watch reruns on the compter!

Tania said...

Welcome back Therese, we have missed your posts.

Tania

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.