Friday, May 28, 2010

Quick 7!!!!!


--1--

MasterChef.

I am really enjoying MasterChef season 2.Link I was a bit upset that Fiona went home last night. She was one of my favourites.

My other favourites are: Callum, Marion and Adam. All of them are South Australians so that has possibly influenced me liking them but also I like their personalities.

Who are your favourite contestants in it?

--2--

Joseph!!

Joseph is nearly 4 months old. I cannot believe how fast it has gone. He has had a cold for a while now but finally seems to be getting over it. Here is a picture of him with big brother Daniel.

--3--
Renovations.

We have started renovations on the end room. It was a kitchen/dining room when we bought the house and we are changing it too a family room/home school room.

We had a builder out to give us a quote to get a board in to support the ceiling since we want to pull a wall out. Steve has pulled all the tiles off the wall and will start fixing the wallCh up. Some will need some new gyprock. As we progress, I will take pictures to share.

--4--
First Communion prep.

We are getting ready for Amelia's First Communion. Tomorrow we will go on a girls trip to Whyalla to choose the fabric for her dress.

This is the pattern she has chosen. It is a vogue pattern. I am not a great fan of vogue patterns but I will see how it goes. The pattern has several good reviews on Pattern Review so maybe my dislike of Vogue patterns will change.

--5--

The Mom Song.

Today when we were driving in the car, the William Tell Overture came on the radio. Tom said, hey, this is the Mom song. Then Amelia wanted to know why they weren't singing the words. I told them it was the William Tell Overture and that was why it had no words. It made me smile though and I wanted to post the song again. Here it is:



--6--

New Niece.

My brother John and his wife Jenny had their third daughter this week. Congratulations John and Jenny and welcome little Gabrielle.

--7--

Christopher!!

Christopher went a couple of months ago for a dental check up. We found out that he had extensive decay in his back teeth. It was a big shock because none of the other children have had any dental problems. We have had a couple of fillings for Sam and Madeline but the other children have all had perfect teeth. In 4 weeks he will be going to Whyalla to have 6 teeth pulled out under a general anaesthetic.

He has also been having a lot of high sugars. I think his honeymoon phase is coming to an end. Prayers would be appreciated for him

Don't forget to pop over to Conversion Diary for other quick 7.

9 comments:

Leanne said...

can't wait to see Amelias photos. She is in our prayers. the dress looks gorgeous

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Had jus a few minutes before we hit the road agai ad wanted to stop by and say, "Hi!" Prayers, indeed, for Christopher!! God bless you all!

Sharon said...

Congrats to John, and blessings to the family! :) I'll pray for Christopher. Your post about the Mom song made me laugh. The song makes me smile every time I hear it.

Tania said...

Hello Therese,

I love the dress that Amelia chose out. It will look beautiful on her.

We went to Whyalla today to pick up a double bed set that I bought through FB whyalla buy, swap and sell. It rained all the way over, the whole time we were there and all the way home. Love it.

I think because your house is such a big area it would be hard to keep warm without having the heater on all the time. Our wood fire is perfect, but we are lucky because Phil collects wood all year long and we have plenty atm.

Have a good girls day out tomorrow,

xTania

kim said...

oh my good luck on the teeth pulling! i am taking all my kids this summer after not having dental insurance for awhile and i just know that we are going to have some dental problems.

pretty dress pattern

Lola said...

Your Joseph is getting big before our eyes!

Amelia has a beautiful dress for communion. Classy, like Grace Kelly.

I'm still laughing as I write this after listening to the Mom overture.

Jennifer in TX said...

Therese,
I will pray for little Christopher, you can be sure. And Amelia's First Communion dress pattern is just lovely!

Vicki said...

I'm sure Amelia will look lovely in the dress you make for her!! Congratulations on this, as well as on renovating your house. It will be a very stressful exciting time, but I'm sure well worth it!

Peta G said...

Amelia's comunion dress will be beautiful. We have a 'family' dress we use for our girls. All our nieces have/will wear it and so will ours. Same with our christening gown. All our kids plus all our nieces and nephews who have/will be christened will to.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.