Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sacrament of confession.

We have a new priest in our parish. Today he started a new Saturday devotion. Each Saturday he is going to offer mass and then have adoration and benediction straight after. Steve and I went and it was wonderful to be in the presence of God and praise him for all he has done for us.

Straight after, we went to confession. I just love the sacrament of confession. We confess our sins and receive forgiveness from God for them. The best thing about confession is it is a chance to turn out lives around. I have seen God's grace at work in my life because of confession. I remember when I first came back to the church, there was one particular area of sin that I really struggled to overcome. At first I was frightened to tell the priest. It probably took me a couple of confessions to have the courage to say it to the priest. This confession was very freeing for me. Because this sin was one that I had trouble with, I still had times when I did it after the confession but I kept on taking it back and asking God to help me overcome this area of sin. After a while, I realised that this sin was one of the past. I had overcome it with God's grace.

I find prayer every day and examining my conscious regularly, makes it easier to see the areas I need God's help in. Fr. Corapi has a great examination of conscious online. Go here to read it.

4 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

How wonderful! Yes, indeed, the examination of conscience it so important. I have a habit of doing it every night before I go to bed. Wishing you a grand day!! Cathy

Nancy said...

How wonderful that you have this every week! Yes, I agree about confession...there is nothing better than being able to have Jesus "clean our souls". Blessing to you, my friend.

Shirley said...

We have adoration every Friday before Mass, and on Saturday we have a devotion to Our Lady of Perpetual Help after Mass. The sacrament of confession is a great grace, and I go about once a month. God bless our priests who help us!

Kelly Casanova said...

That is great news, I wish our parish priest would leave (I mean that in the nicest possible way!) so that we could attend Mass locally again.
We usually go into the city to a particular church where confession is available before, during and after Mass - a real blessing. The priests there are devout and holy.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.