Friday, December 17, 2010

7 Quick Takes.


-1-
Presents.
We are getting lots of presents ready for family and friends. This year I feel more organised than I have most other years. I have a few more to get but have 95% organised. It feels great.
-2-
Movies.
Yesterday Steve took Tom and Amelia to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I would love to see this movie but after the disaster with Joseph at Toy Story 3, I just cannot go to the movies with him.
-3-
Megamind.
Christopher wanted to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader too but I had heard that it was a bit too scary for younger children and didn't want him to see it on the large screen. Instead, next week I will take him to Whyalla and Daniel is going to take him to see Megamind.
-4-
Christmas dinner.
This year for Christmas dinner we are going to have a roast pork cooked in the weber bbq. We will have roast potatoes, honey carrots and lots of salads with this. I am also going to buy a leg of ham.
For sweets we will have Christmas pudding with ice cream, cream or custard.
-5-
YCS.
This week Madeline and Brigette went to a YCS camp at Point Lowly. They were gone on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It sure was quiet here without them.
-6-
Joseph.
On Thursday morning I noticed Joseph crawling around the house going into each room and looking around. I think he was looking for his two big sisters that were on camp. I picked him up when he came out of Madeline's room and said, are you looking for your sisters? They will be back today.
-7-
Parcels.
I love getting parcels in the post. This week we have had a parcel nearly every day. There have been lots of presents and a few books for Steve. Most of the parcels are going straight into our store room to wait for wrapping.
Don't forget to pop over to Jen's for more 7 quick takes.

4 comments:

honey said...

Therese, I loved this post! I could picture Joseph crawling around looking for his sisters, precious! Have a blessed Christmas and a happy holiday season.

kim said...

we want to see the new narnia too. roast pork sounds good.

Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith said...

I love the Chronicles of Narnia, and am looking forward to seeing the new movie.

Smiley said...

Aww too cute about Joseph crawling around missing his sisters.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.