Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Laundry.

I hate laundry. I think I have probably written that many times on my blog. It would have to be the job I hate the most. It is just never ending and huge with all my children.

I think it has been more of a pain for 18 months now because we have had my washing machine set up in an old bathroom.

We changed the old laundry into the children's bathroom and since then, we have had the washing machine up on an old door over our bath in our old bathroom.

It is the next job we are doing in our renovations and we finally have the money to do it.

So I am looking for ideas.

Here is a picture of the idea I have for our laundry.


Our laundry space is much smaller than this one but I like the set up of the washing machine, trough and cupboards. We could do it along the wall that the bath is in at the moment. I think I want some softer colours for the paint but love the wood colour for the cupboards. Steve was a plumber before he was a teacher so he knows how to do all the plumbing and put the hose from the washing machine to the trough.

I will show colours and progress as we do all the work.

6 comments:

Jane Ellen said...

What about a dryer? I love love that wood and that color of green?
www.jane-dandelionwishes.blogspot.com

Therese said...

Hi Jane,

We only use a dryer in winter here and our winter days are usually warm enough that we can hang the washing and get it pretty dry. If we do need to use a dryer, we have them in the house, warming up the living areas.

Therese said...

Oh and colour would probably be a little bit lighter than the green they have.

Leanne said...

That would be the laundry of my dreams!!!, looking forward reading your progress

Erin said...

Oh Therese

In the midst of laundry planning here, I have lots of great ideas that I'm getting to implement. Lots of benches along the walls, and cubbyholes on the walls to include the folding. although we've recently revamped our washing schedule so have to factor that in.
Oh I've succumbed to pinterest so I'll email you my link, have some laundry ideas I'm gathering there:)

Jeanne said...

What a dream laundry. Love all the floor to ceiling cupboards. Looking forward to see what The Spectacular Steve pulls out of his hat for you!!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.