Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Some prayers.

Tom has recently memorised the act of contrition prayer. Up until this term, I haven't really spent much time teaching the children to memorise prayers. I can see that doing simple memory work with them has helped them in all areas of learning.

This is the act of contrition he has learnt.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you, and I detest all my sins, because of Your just punishments, but most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin.

Some other prayers I want them to learn are:

A morning offering:

O Jesus,
through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer You my prayers, works,
joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world,
in reparation for my sins,
for the intentions of all my relatives and friends,
and in particular
for the intentions of the Holy Father.

Amen.

Guardian Angel Prayer:

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
to whom God's love commits thee here,
forever this day be at my side,
to light and guard, to rule and guide.
Amen.




1 comment:

Vicky said...

You've reminded me of my resolution to be more routined, Therese. When we were organised, we used to say these prayers together and the kids learnt them by joining in. We've been out of routine lately, though, and the younger kids aren't getting the learning that the others got. Time to get organised, again!:)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.