Friday, August 19, 2011

Quick 7


Thanks so much Jennifer from Conversion Diary for hosting 7 Quick Takes each week.

-1-

Our week has been busy but fun. Amelia and Tom went to their new primary school and meet their teachers and principal.

We were shown around and I am sure they are both going to be very happy there.

They will be starting on the 29th of August. I should have everything organised by then for them.

-2-

Joseph will be starting physio on the 1st of September. We will go and have a play time with the physio and she will video tape him so that she can know what exercises will help him the most.

I have started working with him on his left side and trying to get him to use it more.

-3-

Daniel is having lots of fun in Spain. He went to the Holy Land first and is now in Madrid. We have spoken on the phone a couple of times and sent many texts.

Here a video from the Australian opening.


You can see this video and more at the XT3 WYD blog.

-4-

Fr Gordon McCrae writes a blog called These Stone walls. It is a blog I have been following for a couple of years.

Fr. Gordon is in prison. He was accused of abusing a minor. I believe the accusations to be false because I have read the case notes.

On Monday the 22nd of August, Esther from A Catholic Mom in Hawaii will be starting a novena for Fr. Gordon's intentions.

I will be joining in too. If you feel led to join in, please let Esther know.

-5-

My friend Ellie has loaned me some Zumba video's. I am going to start with the beginners video tomorrow morning. I think my goal next week for Smart Martha will be to do a couple of workouts.

-6-

I haven't really been reading blogs I follow each day in my google reader. I looked in there this morning and saw 500+ unread items. I think I will need to maar and move onto starting from scratch again.

-7-

I recently tried some Lipton Chai Tea Latte's and now have a new favourite drink.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

That is such a sad story about Fr. Gordon Macrae, Therese. I will begin the novena with you, on Monday. We don't have a Mass in our parish, on the last morning, though, so I might have to offer up the Mass, on the next day.

The latte looks tempting!

Therese said...

Vicky,

It is a very sad story. When I first read the case notes, I really could not believe what I was reading.

We don't have mass in our parish every day either but I will be praying the prayer each day and will make an extra effort to get to confession while we are doing to the novena.

Would love to have you over one day to share a latte with.

EC Gefroh said...

Mahalo Therese and Vicky! If possible attend Mass. But please pray the Memorare for Father's intentions. God bless!

Judy said...

My sister is one of the adult leaders from her parish for WYD. Maybe their paths have crossed!?!

Anonymous said...

I hope the physio works well. It does tend to be one of those therapies that does amazing things.
I will add my prayers for Fr. Macrae and his victims and their families.
One of the Church's child protection officers here in the UK has just been arrested for child p**n.
We must pray more it seems.

Leanne said...

Thanks for sharing Therese, I love your Quick 7s. I have tagged you in a Saint Meme, Come over and join us.
God Bless
Leanne

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.