Saturday, July 14, 2007

the internet is great.

Meeting people over the internet has become my social world. It is great that I can talk with another mother of a large family in the States and can talk with someone that shares the same faith as me in many different countries around the world. It is also good that I can educate myself and know more about the Catholic faith.

Living in Rural Australia is limiting. We don't know any other large Catholic families that live here. But through the internet I can talk with other mothers that have struggles just like me and share the joys that having a big family bring. I also like learning about the church in other places and hearing of some peoples journey into the Catholic faith. It is very encouraging for my faith when I read about God working in other peoples life.

I also like the internet because I am a very shy person. Talking over the internet to a person that I have never meet before is much easier than approaching some new person irl.

So Thanks to all my internet friends for your friendship. Thanks for encouraging me in my faith and for all the prayers you offer for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Therese,
I was thrilled to have you visit my blog and just had to stop by yours. I absolutely love that your kids call you Mum. It sounds sweeter than Mom, unless my baby is saying it, then it is the sweetest sounding word in the world.
So glad to have "met" you!
God Bless.

Therese said...

Thanks. Come and visit often. I will add your blog into my links if that is ok with you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Therese! I've linked you too.

Anonymous said...

Hello Therese:)

I agree and have met some wonderful people on the internet including your good self:).

I am beginning to feel much better, thankyou for keeping me in your prayers.

Peace and blessings to you:)

Marie

lowdenclear said...

Thanks for being one of my internet friends... It's been great getting to know you a little through DCF! :)

Anonymous said...

It's been great getting to know you Therese and working with you on DCF as well.

jj said...

Thank you Therese!!! You're the best Internet friend anyone could ask for. ;-)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.