So tonight finishes of my five things for five nights. I am finishing of with things that I am working on changing about myself. I am working on changing them because they are things I don't like about myself.
1. I need to emerse myself in the sacraments more. Especially confession. I really notice how my daily life suffers as soon as I stop going to daily mass. This week our parish priest is away so we won't have it but when he comes back I am going to make daily mass a high priority.
2. Organisation. To be fair to myself I have changed this a lot since reading A mothers rule of life. It has improved but it can improve more. The road to hell is paved with good intentions so I am working on doing rather than thinking about doing.
3. My childrens school learning. I need to be a bit more attentive to listening to them and talking with them about what they are learning at school and what is going on with their friends at school.
4. spend less time on computer and more time in prayer. I get caught up in reading threads at dcf or other peoples blogs. Instead of spending a hour on I spend two. My big temptation time is in the afternoon while Christopher naps (or watches a dvd). My mrol has to spend a hour on computer, pray the rosary and then do some sewing or cooking. Most afternoons I end up spending time here and usually get tea organised but I haven't prayed the rosary for a long time.
5. Spend more time with Christopher. Because he is such an independant little boy I tend to let him do his own thing. I don't really take him out or spend time playing with him while the other children are at school. The other day after speaking with Steve about it I decided to sit down and read a couple of books with him. He really enjoyed it. Today he bought me a book while I was on computer and I said later to him. Needless to say we didn't read it later.
So anything you people are working on changing about yourself?