Friday, July 30, 2010

bad things, good things.

The bad:

Last week our car was in an accident. A driver behind me ran into me when I stopped at an intersection.

The good:

We have all the details of the other driver and he has taken responsibility for the accident.

We have been into the crash repairers and they think the damage is pretty superficial.

No one was hurt.

The bad:

Christopher is getting very high blood sugars.

The good:

We had a good 15 months of him being in the honeymoon phase and he didn't get DKA.

The endocrinologist from WCH has been a great support and help.

Christopher is on the waiting list to start pumping.

The Bad;

This week Joseph has been very unsettled and we have had a lot of little extra things to do that has made our time table hard to follow.

The good:

I have sat down this morning and put more details into our time table. I printed it out so when we have a lot of extra things to do and get off track, I can just look at the timetable and get back on track.

The good:

I now have 150 followers. Nothing bad about this. Thanks so much to all my followers. I am so happy to have made so many friends online.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad there is more good than bad...praying for ALL good!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Quite a week. So glad there were no injuries from the accident! 150!!! Well done!!! Cathy

John Michael said...

Glad there is more good than bad.

Will be praying for Christopher and Tom for many years of happy pumping!

God bless all of you!
Regan

Shirley said...

The Lord looks after His own. Hope Joseph is feeling better- teething, right?- and that Christopher levels off soon.

Angie said...

What a roller coaster! Hope the good outweighs the bad!

scraps of starlight said...

So thankful no one was hurt in the accident!
Sending end of week blessings to you friend:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the bad! Thank God all walked away from the accident. Keeping you all in my prayers this weekend, Therese.

Dawn said...

Glad there is more good than bad. Happy no one was hurt in the accident. Prayers for your sons. Congrats on the followers!! Awesome!

P. said...

150 followers !!!
I can't imagine how you feel since I have only 4 in my catholic blog.

Jeanne said...

What a roller coaster of a week you've had. Mine's been much the same. Incredible lows, obviously, but much happiness amidst the pain. Much laughter too.

I am proud to be included as one of your 150 followers, Therese, and I am glad to call you my friend.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.