Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lenten Meme

Alexandra Tagged me for this meme.

1. What’s been your best Lenten-effort-idea ever?

This year I am not spending as much time on the internet. I am spending more time reading with our children, going through all our stuff and giving away what we don't need. Some things have been pretty hard to part with even though I never thought I would hoard stuff I am finding that my sewing stash is very hard to part with even the things I don't know what I will do with.

2. And your worst?

This year also. I knew that God was asking me in prayer to give up excessive computer time and I didn't want too. That was why I closed comments. I thought it was something I could handle. I realized a couple of days into it that it wasn't enough. It wasn't really challenging me or helping me become a better Christian.

3. What Lenten advice would you share?

If you are finding your sacrifice too hard, the sacraments will help a lot. This week we didn't get to weekday mass at all. It was much harder for me to go without the treats that I did the week before. I think the Eucharist and confession particularly give us the strength to go without and to say no to ourselves.

4. And what will feature this year?

I will continue limiting my internet time, We are going to the Stations of the Cross every Friday and I will make more effort to get to daily mass the days it is on.

I tag:

Lowdenclear

Annelisa

Angela

3 comments:

Marie said...

I will continue limiting my internet time, We are going to the Stations of the Cross every Friday and I will make more effort to get to daily mass the days it is on.


Oh, I do miss you:). But, if I had a young family I wouldnt be able to do it either. I SO cannot multi-task lol.

Peace to you Therese:) Thank goodness the weather has cooled down.

Marie xoxoxo

Adrienne said...

Good thing you tagged Angela. She never met a meme she didn't love.

Easter Almuena said...

I am proud of you, Therese! I paticularly liked your answer about daily Mass. My children and I go to daily Mass and it is the highlight of our day. It is what keeps me going. RE: computer time, I limit that as well because the family is much more important, particularly my relationhip with my husband. If you have the book of Sr. Patricia Proctor "201 Inspirational Stories of the Eucharist", my story is on page 31.
Thanks Therese! Love you!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.