Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hearts for Home.


Gae from Cherished Hearts started this weekly meme.

This is what she wrote:


In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

Here is my list for the week:

(1) to prepare the new timetable and curriculum plan for term 3.

(2) to continue getting the family room organised so that Steve can start renovating there as soon as the bathroom is finished.

(3) to pray for each member of our family.

(4) to spend some time reading with Tom and Amelia.

(5) To take the children on a outing to back beach again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Therese,
I just wanted to say thankyou for the lovely comment you left on my blog today. We are already seeing God's hand of provision in our lives during this majoy life change and look forward to the period of growth as you mentioned. It sounds like you are busy renovating like us, that's an adventure in itself is it not? Look forward to reading more on your blog now I've found it!
blessings,
Rebekah

Judy Dudich said...

Hmmm...the Lord seems to be calling mothers to pray for their families this week...this has come up on several lists! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Nancy said...

I finally got my butt in gear this week and took a look at my kids' summer reading lists (it's about time)...so, yesterday we read about 8 books together! I need to do more reading to them and more praying for them!
I like your list, Therese!
God Bless You this week!

Allison said...

Good morning Therese! I am haivng my coffee with you. :)

This is a beautiful reminder of how to redirect ourselves for our family. Thanks for the reminder to pray for them and spend time reasing to them.

God bless your beautiful family.

Gae said...

Dear Therese,
i also have been spending more time praying for my family and reading to the little ones.
Thank you for participating.
God Bless

Melissa said...

This sounds like a wonderful meme to participate in, but I'm a day late!

Your list is great. It has reminded me to pray for my family as well.

Have a great day!!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.