Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trixie Belden.

I get a lot of emails and notes on here about Trixie Belden so I have decided to write about her.

I think I was about 12 when my mother bought my sister and I the first two books in the Trixie Belden series.

At first I wasn't too impressed and thought oh boy another attempt from mum to get me to like reading. I really didn't like it much then and didn't really seek out stories to read. There were other much more interesting things to do then as a pre teen.

My mother bought these books while we were on holidays. My younger sister who had always enjoyed reading soon got into the book and was pretty boring company so I decided to pick up the book and read it. There wasn't much else to do in the car when we were driving to different tourists spots. Pretty quickly Trixie and Honey became some of the greatest friends I had ever had. I really enjoyed reading along and solving the mystery along side them.

When we first started reading the books, there were about 28 in the series. I remember when the next 4 were released and couldn't wait to read them. Now the series goes up to number 39. I know I have read at least the first 32 in the series and may have read 33 and 34 but I am not certain. I recognise the titles but cannot remember the story line.

I am going to start reading number 1 and 2 to Tom and Amelia next term. I was able to find the new series of hard cover books on Booktopia and have ordered them. I am hoping to buy the whole series again over time.

Did you have a favourite book growing up or enjoy any series?

Therese
Post a Comment

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.