Thanks so much all the people that emailed me and left comments here about pre natal testing.
We didn't actually see our Ob today. He was called into emergency surgery and had to leave the clinic so my appointment has been changed to tomorrow.
In talking over with Steve about the comments we have decided that if the scan and blood test come back with me as a high risk for a down syndrome baby that I will have a 20 week scan to find out. This link has more information about finding out about down syndrome.
Thanks Jennifer for the ultrasound link.
I think for me personally, I really would prefer to know and be prepared.