Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Cleaning out.

Every time I am pregnant I go into frenzy cleaning out and making room for the new baby.

Today I started. I am starting off with the store room. I have a heap of fabric that has been sitting there since Steve did the room. Most of the fabric that is in boxes has been given to me. I keep it thinking I might use it one day. I have realized that a lot of that fabric is fabric that I probably wouldn't have chosen myself if I was in a dressmaking shop looking at fabric. I tend to buy patterns first and fabric second. I don't generally see fabric and think oh that would look good as a dress or that would look good as a jacket.

So today I bagged up 3 garbage bags of fabric. I will send them all to the St. Vinnies shop. They send it from here to a place in Adelaide that makes clothes to sell in the shops. I also decided on a few projects.

I haven't done very much sewing since the beginning of pregnancy and I want to do a heap for the baby. Each time I have been pregnant I have usually sewn a lot especially in the second trimester. I will do the same thing this time hopefully. This is the first pregnancy that I have been home schooling but I still feel pretty confident that I can get some sewing done.

Once I have finished cleaning out the storeroom, I will post some before and after pictures.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Wow - well done. When I was pregnant, I was too busy with morning sickness to even think about doing anything else, and it lasted for nine months. :P

Vinnies do such a good job, don't they? They are such a worthwhile cause, too.

How do you find time to sew and homeschool, too?
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Kym-Anne said...

Oh my goodness, I have missed so much since I haven't blogged for ages (family commitments).

Congratulations to you both!!!!!

How wonderful, another blessing.

God Bless
Kym

Therese said...

Hi Jillian,

I usually sew in the afternoons and evenings. Steve is home by about 4.00 most days so I have about one hour then and then if I don't spend too much time in the evening on computer, I can also get a couple of hours sewing done after tea.

Thanks Kym.

The children, Steve and I are very excited to be having another little baby.

Therese said...

oh and Jillian,

I nearly forgot. Morning sickness has passed pretty quickly this time. I remember still feeling sick at 17 weeks with Christopher. I still get very tired in the afternoons which is why I haven't been sewing. I did some this afternoon though and probably will tomorrow too.

Unknown said...

I love that you are sewing things for the new baby. I can sew a straight line on my machine and that's it...Hope to really learn someday. Glad you are feeling well now-I was sick until about 23 weeks this time.

Gabriella said...

Hi Therese!
Beautiful family :)
Beautiful blog.

You are truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

Nesting already Therese! It must be triplets! LOL. Okay I'll behave.
We did a major sort out a couple of weeks ago. It does make you feel better doesn't it.

Therese said...

Shell,

Scan only shows one baby. I laughed though because Amelia said I hope next time we have twins. I said to her lets be happy that we have one on the way and take one day at a time.

Thanks Gabriella for your comment.

Therese,

I was sure Christopher was a girl because my morning sickness with him went on and on but then he was a boy. This time I said to my mother, I thought Christopher was a girl because of the morning sickness going on and on and that the morning sickness I have this time hasn't so maybe a boy but I cannot go by that now since Christopher.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

You know I used to do the same thing. It must be that "nesting" thing. When you have a minute drop by my "house" (No, not to clear!) I have something for you! Cathy

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

I used to do that..

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.