Monday, June 27, 2011

Smart Martha Monday

From last week, I have prayed every morning. Some mornings were a bit more rushed than others and I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked on Thursday and Friday but I did get it done.

I did check the boys bsl each morning and they all got breakfast but I didn't get our bed made every morning. I think Tuesday was the only morning that we got it done.

On Wednesday I was sick and stayed in bed so I didn't do any of the morning routine.

My aim for this week is to do the morning routine again.

I also want to keep a good eye on the children's jobs. We have just changed around the jobs that each child does.

Sam will be cleaning bathrooms and toilets.
Madeline will be cleaning up our lounge room and folding washing.
Brigette will be mopping main living area floors.
Tom and Amelia are going to alternate between helping with dishes in the kitchen and hanging washing.
Christopher will help with the dishes in the kitchen too.

I am going to check the children's jobs every night and make sure they are done. If they are not done.

I hope everyone's week goes well.

Therese.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

We're trying to organise our routines, too, Therese. What do you do if the chores aren't done? I'm often too soft on discipline and a couple of the kids don't always do their jobs when they're told. They probably need a dose of tough mothering;)

Therese said...

Hi Vicki,

We have different consequences for different children in our house. Usually if Sam or Madeline don't do their job, we give them a fine. Both of them have a job outside the home and when I charge them board, I also add in a fine for any nights their jobs are not done. If they keep on leaving the same job over and over, the fine goes up.

With Tom, Amelia and Christopher, we take away computer, wii and play station. If they don't do their jobs on a particular day, they will be banned for the next day.

Our middle child Brigette, rarely leaves her job, She cannot stand disorder and gets annoyed if the others don't do their jobs so really we haven't had to dish out any consequence yet. Maybe now that she is 14 that may change a bit.

Vicky said...

Thanks, Therese, for sharing your tips. Taking away computers, etc, might work well for us - I will have to start following through with my tardy ones. It will probably make things easier, in the long run:)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.