Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up.

Well after my rough week last week, I have had a wonderful relaxing weekend and feel ready to cope with whatever is thrown at us this week.

I think a part of the feeling down was the lack of sleep that I had last week. Whenever the boys sugars are too high or too low, I need to do checks at 12.30 and 3.30 every night. If they are too high for too long, the boys can get ketones and dehydrate very quickly. If they are too low for too long, it can be deadly so we need to get sugar into them.

Our Saturdays are always busy now. Steve and I usually try to get to mass and adoration every Saturday morning and then we have netball. I also do our food shopping on Saturdays. In the evening we usually go to the Vigil Mass.

Because it is so busy, I try to plan very little on Sundays and today we had a wonderful day out in the garden. The sun was shining so we sat out there for most of the day. The children got out and played on the trampoline, in the sand pit and on the swings. Steve and I had a couple of cups of coffee, talked and just enjoyed the sun. It was great and just what I needed.

In the afternoon, we had a hour of prayer at the church for the feast of Corpus Christi. It is great to have my batteries recharged. We only have two weeks left of this term and then I will have a lot of time to really recharge. So looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great weekend, this is our last week of school in NSW and then two weeks holidays!

Leanne said...

Therese, that sounded beautiful.. What a lovely Sunday..

Marilyn said...

That sounds like an ideal day at home. It sounds like you really needed it, I hope you have a better week this week!

I'm interested to hear how your morning routines go. I'm hoping to sit down tonight and go over my rule, to try to get it going again.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.