Monday, June 16, 2008

cookie recipe.

Day eight of The novena to St. Therese


I got this in an email. It is an urban legend but it gave me a laugh.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY (as soon as I read statements like this, I open up snopes).

My daughter and I had just finished lunch at a Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas, Because both of us are such biscuit lovers, we decided to try the 'Neiman-Marcus cookie'. It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe. The waitress said with a small frown, 'I'm afraid not, but you can BUY the recipe. ' I asked how much, and she responded; 'Only two fifty - it's a great deal!'

I agreed to that, and told her to add it to my bill.

Thirty days later, I got my VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus Charge was $285.00. I looked at it again, and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two sandwiches and about $20.00 for a scarf.

At the bottom of the statement, it said, 'Cookie Recipe - $250.00'. That was outrageous!

I called Neiman's Accounting Department and told them the waitress Had said it was 'two fifty', which clearly does not mean ' Two hundred And fifty dollars' by any reasonable interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my money Because, according to them; 'What the waitress told you is not our Problem.' and as you have already seen the recipe we absolutely will not refund your Money.'

I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal statutes Which govern fraud in the state of Texas. I threatened to report them To the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's office. I was basically told: Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how you can get even, and don't bother trying to get any of your money back'

I said, OK, you've got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250 worth of fun.' I told her that I was going to see to it that every cookie lover in the world with an e-mail account gets a $250 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus..... For Free.

She replied, 'I wish you wouldn't do that.'

I said, 'Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before you RIPPED ME OFF!' and slammed down the phone.

So here it is!

Please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 for this, and I don't want Neiman-Marcus to EVER make another penny from this recipe!


NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES (Recipe may be halved)

2 (500 ml) cups butter

24 oz. (680 g) chocolate chips

4 (1000 ml) cups flour

2 (500 ml) cups brown sugar

2 tsp. (10 ml) (Bicarb) soda

1 tsp. (5 ml) salt

2 (500 ml) cups sugar

18 oz (500 g) Hershey Bar (grated).
(Cadbury chocolate for Australians & South Africans)

5 (1250 ml) cups blended oatmeal

4 eggs

2 tsp. (10 ml) baking powder

2 tsp. (10 ml) vanilla

3 cups (375 ml) chopped nuts ( optional )

....................


Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder.

Cream the butter and both sugars.

Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal,

Salt, baking powder, and Bicarb (soda).

Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts.

Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at (180 °C ) 375 degrees.


( The above quantities make approx 112 cookies )

Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.