Monday, May 11, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

My list from last week

From this list, I still haven't done the shopping bags but I have traced the pattern and chosen the fabric for it.

Prep for Tom's first Communion is going well.

I am praying most mornings with Steve as long as I get into bed early enough. I think I only missed Thursday and Friday last week.

I did a journal entry too.

I have decided to change 5mart Martha Monday around a bit. I cannot always think of things to do for each category so I am just going to set goals without being in any category.

I am also going to start reporting in the small successes posts on Thursdays about what I have done.

This week my goals are:

Cut out some good pants for Tom and cut out the shopping bags. (to wear to church)

Do our oamc this weekend.

Get all of Christopher's paper work lodged with Diabetes Australia and Centrelink. Apply for a medic alert bracelet for him.

For home school I want to do a few craft activities with the children and go to the library. We have had some books from there which are really overdue. I want to return them and start having weekly lessons there on how to use the library.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Where do you get all your time? I never seem to have enough hours in my day to accomplish all that I want/need to.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Therese said...

Hi Jillian,

I think the difference is having a lot of older children. My eldest 4 range in age from 12 to 17. They all help a lot. My 12 year old is in charge of hanging the washing and folding it. My 14 year old cleans all the bedrooms and makes all the beds. My 15 year old washes the floors each evening and my 17 year old is in charge of keeping our family room clean. Steve cleans our lounge room.

I do the homeschool, cooking, clean the kitchen (with help from Tom and Amelia), keep the bathrooms clean and run our budget.

I think everything has come together for me since reading A Mothers Rule of Life.

Nancy said...

Therese....the library lessons sound like a great idea! I need to consider doing that. Also, I've read the Mother's Rule of Life twice...but have not yet implemented anything yet. Perhaps this is the right time.
One thing I am going to do...is the OAMC...I really am going to give it a try.
Thanks for always sharing your life like this....you truly inspire me!

Therese said...

let us know Nancy how your oamc goes. I re read arol all the time. It is always on my bedside table.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a wonderful week plan ~ Hope your Mother's Day got it off to a beautiful start!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.