Saturday, May 02, 2009

Quick 7.



---1---

Christopher.

Christopher is now getting use to having his bsl checked each morning and night. He has had a couple of higher sugars but nothing high enough yet to start some insulin. We are noticing he is more irritable and hyperactive at times which was one of the things I noticed with Tom just before he was diagnosed. I am glad we know it is coming and that we can watch his bsl.

---2---

Saturday night movie


Tonights movie. Thanks so much to
Sharon for giving this dvd to us.

---3---

Anzac Biscuits.

Yesterday we made anzac biscuits. These are a very sweet biscuit. This is the recipe we used but we substituted the white sugar with brown sugar. That is the way I remember baking them growing up.

---4---

Our weekend.

It is going to be a busy one. I want to do a bit of sewing, catch up on the washing, cook some pumpkin bread and a few more biscuits. Steve is hoping to close in the door from outside to our new bathroom and do some work in the vegetable garden.

---5---

Kakuro.

Sudoku has been one of my favourite games to play for a while now. Recently my mother got a heap of computer games for the children and among them was a game called kakuro. I didn't look at it at first but when I put the sudoku disk in, it had a trial of kakuro so I decided to have a look. Kakuro is similar to sudoku but a little bit easier I think.

You can play and read about Kakuro here

---6---

Overheard at my house.

Christopher and Amelia were talking.
Amelia: I really want mum to have a baby. No, two babies.
Christopher: No. I am the baby.
Amelia: If mum has a girl, you will be the baby boy still.
Christopher: I want mum to have a baby girl.
Amelia: two baby girls.

---7---

Winter.

I don't really like winter but I love curling up by the fire with a cup of soup. At the moment my favourite flavour is chicken and corn.
Another good thing about winter is electric blankets. I haven't put mine on yet but it will be going on soon.

Read other quick 7 at Jennifer's

6 comments:

Jennifer in TX said...

Darling conversation between Christopher and Amelia, Therese! Prayers for you for twin girls ;) !!

Michele said...

therese. im really sorry to hear chris has diabetes. its no fun:( as for wimter, man, i can totally sympathize with you! i hate winter!
we are only starting to get "warm" weather here. it took far to long for us to get decent weather especially considering we've had it since november. that's too long for anyone. we might move to the coast of BC in summer when we are on vacation there and frank is looking for work there while we are on vacation. the winters there are very mild. hardly any snow at all. we have to wait 2 and and a half months before frank takes that vacation:( sigh...

Unknown said...

Sounds like a full week/weekend! It still seems odd to me as our trees are sprouting, you are getting ready for winter. I did have a craving for cocoa the other night...

Nancy said...

OK...you must keep us posted if you end up pregnant with twins!!!!

Tracy said...

I'm with Nancy... keep us posted:)

Therese said...

believe me Nancy and Tracy, as soon as the family knows, I will post it here. I will be really shocked though if we end up with twins.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.