Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Heatwave.

I am coping fairly well with the hot weather. It is playing havoc though with both Tom and Christophers sugar levels. Both of them have had hypos in the last 24 hours that have been pretty severe.

The next 5 days are all going to be above 40 (105) and then we still will have temps in the high 30's. I am going to speak to their endocrinologist today and probably set Tom's basal a bit lower and give Christopher less insulin too. I just hope they don't start swinging from really low to really high. That is when diabetes starts to become really hard to manage and can take over our lives.

Prayers would be appreciated and I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks
Therese

11 comments:

Lola said...

Prayers! You have them!

Unknown said...

You always have my prayers, Therese!

Michele said...

blah.. 40 degrees.. blah. too hot:(

Alexandra said...

Prayers offered up! :)

Kelly said...

Praying a rosary for your intentions today.

God bless!

Gae said...

You poor things. I hate the heat and love the temps in Tasmania.
I will pray for you.
I hope you can get the doctors OK to change wht you need to
God Bless

Nancy said...

Therese...keep you and your family in my prayers! Here's to some cooler days!

Tracy said...

Prayers being said!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
You have my prayers, too. It's sooo hot here, too, although we have been spending lots of time in the pool.
Blessings,
Jillian

Kym-Anne said...

You have my prayers.

The heat must be awful, over 40 is just too hot!

Anonymous said...

Therese, I am thinking about you and I'll pray for your boys. This hot weather is awful!

Incidentally, I have a Christopher and a Thomas, and my daughter's middle name is Madeline.

Kate

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.