Tuesday, November 17, 2009

5mart Martha (and Mary) Monday on Tuesday!

My list from last week was very neglected because of Tom's midweek visit to the hospital and me getting sick. I did sew myself another maternity top, the boys a shirt each and cut out one curtain. I also kept up with our budget and kept a record of where we spent our money.

So these are my goals for this week.

Martha

Finish off the curtains.
mark maths and literacy each day when the children do them.
Read with the children each day.
move children into new bedrooms this weekend.
Prepare some Advent activities to do with Tom, Amelia and Christopher.

Mary

Go to weekday mass one day.
Stay to pray after mass in front of the blessed sacrament.
Pray the family rosary.
Read a small bit from the bible each day.
Write down blessings from each day.

The blessings from each day was something both Steve and I use to do regularly. I was thinking about it over the weekend when I was feeling sorry for myself about something that I cannot even remember now. We kept a book that was specifically for blessings and wrote them all down. It was a good thing to look at whenever I felt down. It always lifted my spirits.

Here are a couple of other bloggers that have joined in 5mart Martha.

Michelle.


Become What You Are.

Cindy.

Let me know if you want to join in 5mart Martha and I will add a link to you too.


2 comments:

Colleen said...

Glad you are feeling better! I love how organized you are/are trying to be. What an inspiration for moms-of-many out there :)

Melissa said...

Your goals always inspire me! :)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.