Saturday, November 21, 2009

Quick 7.




--1--

Pregnancy.

I am now 29 weeks and everything is still going smoothly. I am starting to feel a lot of pressure on my pelvis when the baby lies a certain way and cannot stand for long. So far baby hasn't laid that way for very long so hopefully I won't get uncomfortable with it.

--2--

Broken Camera.

My camera that I bought just 6 weeks ago stopped working. I have charged it and tried a couple of times to open it but it still will not turn on. I am going to ring Kodak on Monday and see where to send it too and get it fixed.

--3--

Musical Theatre.

Next weekend, Madeline and Brigette are in the musical theatre production called Do you believe in Santa Claus? They are putting shows on Friday night, Sunday lunchtime and Sunday night. On Friday I bought tickets for us to go and see the show on Sunday night. I really hope my camera is fixed by then and I can take some photos.

--4--

Advent.

This year we are going to do an Advent Tree. I got the idea from Judy at BenMakesTen.

This is the outline that Judy has:

WEEK ONE OF ADVENT:

Put up your Christmas Tree, but ONLY the tree...do not put anything on it.
Leave it this way all week.
From time to time, sit near it and think about what it symbolizes...LIFE...beautiful life here on earth....and the EVERLASTING love of Jesus...and the LIFE IN ETERNITY He will grant us one day.

WEEK TWO:

Now place the lights upon the tree....ONLY the lights...Jesus is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
Sing carols and read Scripture stories that anticipate HIS COMING.
Ask Him to LIGHT YOUR SOUL.

WEEK THREE:

The ornaments will adorn the tree this week!
It's drawing nearer!
The waiting is almost over! ONLY ONE MORE WEEK AFTER THIS!
It is a week of JOYFUL ANTICIPATION!
Add those special touches and prepare a place of the HOLY INFANT!

WEEK FOUR:

The final top now comes to its place.
An angel?
A star?
Whatever you choose.
Place it atop your tree and stand back for a few moments!
OH COME OH COME EMMANUEL!
This final week will pass so quickly and you have now had time to PREPARE YOUR HEART in
a very focused and thoughtful way!

I am thinking of making a heap of purple ornaments to put on the tree in week two. We may make a advent wreath too.

--5--

Moving day.

Today the children changed rooms. I have sewn one of the boys curtains but need to buy some hooks. I thought I had some but I cannot find them. I may have put them away or maybe they have all been used.

--6--

Schoolies.

Daniel is down at schoolies for the weekend. I am sure he will have fun there.

--7--

Photo.

Even though my camera is broken, another mum emailed me some photos from the closing mass yesterday.

Since he is school leader, he got up and made a speech at the end of the mass. Here he is with the other school leaders, Jessica, Zaraar and Caitlyn.


Thanks so much Jennifer for hosting Quick 7 each week. Pop over to her blog to read what other people have for their quick 7.


4 comments:

kim said...

we used to just do the advent wreath. But I don't think we will this year.

I love the name Madeline. I would use it if I had a girl but I know dh doesn't like that one too much. Maybe I can convince him though...lol

Michele said...

your camera should have a warranty as the purchase was not that long ago. make sure they pay for the shipping if you have to ship it out!
sometimes they'll hum and haw and try to stick you with it, but don't let them. they can afford it trust me. we've had this problem before.

Anonymous said...

Therese, it's lovely to hear what other people do to celebrate Christmas - thank you for sharing.

I hope that you get your camera fixed soon.
Blessings,
Jillian

Anonymous said...

last year we put our tree up "early" and did an advent tree. It was quite lovely. our "method" was a bit different than Judy's, but I did love having it throughout (most) of Advent. We may go get ours on our way home from dropping off our oldest at the airport on Sunday afternoon.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.