Friday, November 06, 2009

Quick 7


--1--
Heating up.

This week every day is going to be 38. For you Fahrenheit people that is 100. I think we will be going to the pool each morning and then sitting in the airconditioned house for the rest of the day.

--2--

Pioneer Women's cook book.

This book isn't being released in Australia till the 1st of December. I thought the release date would be the same as the States but obviously we have to wait for shipping.

I think I will ask Steve for this for my Christmas present since it is on the pricey side.

--3--

Week 27.

I really was dreading this stage of pregnancy when we first learnt baby #8 was coming but I still feel really good. By this stage of pregnancy with Christopher, I was feeling really sick of it and didn't want to wait another 13 weeks for him to come.

The only bad side affect I have had has been heartburn. I get it after most meals.

I am starting to feel very tired in the afternoons but still sleep well. I think though that the baby is getting big enough that sleeping will be hard and uncomfortable soon.

--4--

Diabetes.

Tom has recovered well from his hospital visit last week. By coincidence (I think now), Christopher's sugars shot up on Friday and Saturday. We had some really high readings and he was very irritable. At first on Saturday I thought they must both have an infection since they both had high sugars. I tried to ring the doctors surgery but there was no answer. I then decided to just keep a close eye on their bsl and ketone levels and get in contact with their endo on the Monday. Fortunately, both boys had good sugars on Sunday and this week as well. I think what ever it was that caused the highs was short lived thank goodness.

--5--

OOPS!!!!!

I have to say something about my blogging buddy Jeanne.

A couple of weeks ago, Jeanne gave me the Gorgeous blogger Award.

I was touched and thankful for it but completely forgot about her passing it onto me.

A few days after that Judy also passed the award onto me. I really should have said that both had given me the award when I passed it on but I didn't.

So to my blogging buddy Jeanne, thanks so much for the award. I am sorry I neglected to mention you when I passed it on to the other bloggers.

--6--

Vegetable Garden.

We have a heap of cucumbers from the garden. Steve thinks the tomatoes will start to ripen up in a few weeks so we will start doing some pasta sauces and other things with them.

--7--

Daniel.

Daniel has had two exams this week and has another two to go. His last exam is on the 17th so only 11 days to go. I think he is looking forward to finishing.

Don't forget to pop over to Jen from Conversion Diary for her quick 7 and others as well.

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Awww, thanks, you shouldn't have!

Therese said...

Oh yes I should. I felt awful when I realized I hadn't mentioned you.

kim said...

i'm glad their sugars are under control now

Dawn said...

Therese..if you can't find the pumpking spice jello pudding let me know. I'll send you some boxes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling so well with your pregnancy.

Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Jillian

Judy Dudich said...

Glad you are feeling strong Therese!
And super glad the boys' counts are in control :)
Hard to imagine 100* when we are covering with blankets and turning on the heaters, LOL
Don't forget good ol' TUMS for heartburn...they're a good calcium supplement for pregnant mums too!

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling well and the boys blood sugars are under control!

Tracy said...

So glad everyone is doing good and that your not feeling sick:-)

Kym-Anne said...

Glad to hear your all well!
Sorry about the heartburn, it's just awful.

Your lucky to have air conditioning, your going to need it this week!!

We had one hot day (38) last week, I'd forgotten just how hot this house gets...lol

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.