Saturday, May 03, 2008

A busy day.

I had my big cooking day today and will finish of the main meals tomorrow. It is a big job but I am seeing the benefits of cooking all at once.

The food bill is much cheaper. We don't need to dash out and get some take away because I am just too tired to cook or cannot be bothered.

Steve spent a good part of the day working in the backyard. We are still having some warm weather so it is nice to spend time outside working on the yard. Our next big project for our home improvements will be putting in a pergola and landscape around it. We have to save a bit of money before we can afford to do it so we are working on smaller projects at the moment. Tom and Amelia are going to do a vegetable garden as a part of their home school curriculum. They are going to grow zucchini, pumpkin and broad beans. We also want them to look after a couple of pots of herbs. We planted some basil today and hopefully we will get some parsley as well.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like a nice, productive day! (Unlike my day today - I hurt my pinkie toe and I can't do anything except sit!!! So I'm taking advantage of the internet....)

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to make plan ahead meals myself. I pulled a meatloaf out of the freezer today for our dinner tonight. I'm new at the freezer meals, but my husband said it tasted just as good as if I had just made it so I guess it was a freezer meal success. ;)
Good luck on the veggie garden and potted herbs. Home grown is always the best.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.