Monday, May 12, 2008

Have you ever had a problem with head lice?

Because I have. Last year my three girls all had them terribly. We couldn't get rid of them. I tried every different type of treatment and nothing seemed to work. After a couple of months of trying I finally went to the doctor and got a prescription for some treatment. This seemed to work to a degree but still didn't completely eradicate them.

Around this time, Shirley from seeking Jesus posted a post on her sister's blog about essential oils. She said, if you have any questions, email me so I did.

Shirley sent me a list of oil's and I went and got them. I mixed a couple of different ones in the shampoo and conditioner and put some eucalyptus oil with olive oil onto the girls scalp. After just three days the lice were noticeably less. After a week, I couldn't see any but still kept putting the oil on their heads every other night for another two weeks just to make sure. We were cured and I was very thankful to Shirley. I let her know.

So today I was doing Amelia's hair, just before we left for school I noticed the lice and eggs.

So I am starting the process again. I did Amelia's hair with the oil today when we got home, She has obviously had these for a while because there were lots of adult size ones coming out with the comb. I will do the other girls tomorrow because they both have after school activities today. Tom and Christopher both have pretty short hair and I don't think they have any. I will just put the oil in, comb through and make sure they are not there.

So, if you have had a problem, feel free to email me and I am will tell you any other info you need.

The list of oils that I remember are:

Eucalyptus, Peppermint, lavender, geranium. I am going from memory but I think we put a mixture of olive oil and eucalyptus oil (equal amounts) and rubbed this on the scalp. I put the lavender and geranium oil in the shampoo and the peppermint oil in with the conditioner.

Shirley, if you are reading this, I think there was one other oil and I cannot remember what it was. Can you let us know in the comments section? Thanks
Post a Comment

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.