Monday, May 19, 2008

Do you ever feel like you want to give up?

We had a two week holiday 4 weeks ago. It went too fast. I really didn't feel too motivated to start school again and I am finding it increasingly difficult to motivate myself.

For the first three weeks we did an adequate amount of work on Monday, a little less on Tuesday and as the week wore on I just didn't make the children do anything except their reading, writing and maths. As well as the home schooling, I am not motivated at all to do any house work.I am only doing what has to be done.

Today is Monday again. We did all the lessons that I had prepared. I think every weekend, you just have to get up and do it this week. No more procrastinating and I plan my week.

Tomorrow we have

Religion, Maths, literacy, Reading, Spelling and cooking in our lesson plans. Last Tuesday we didn't do the cooking lesson and the children's literacy was pretty minimal. They ran outside and played while I did some reading and sewing in the afternoon.

I am finding that the enjoyment that I had before is not there. I don't really want to teach the children as much as I did last term. I know that home schooling is better for them but I just don't have the motivation for it as much.

So I want to know what other home school families do when they are not motivated? How do you get over these humps and get enthusiastic again? How do you stay motivated when you don't want to do anything?

One of my big concerns is the children are picking up my lack of enthusiasm and they have said a couple of times, why can't we go back to our old school? I really don't know what to say to them when they say this so I just say well it is good for us to learn all together and spend time together.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Therese
Post a Comment

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.