Saturday, February 14, 2009

Quick 7.


1

Myah and Faith prayer group is something I found out about from facebook.

Myah is a 23 year old who is pregnant with a baby with anencephaly. Even though Myah is unmarried, and her baby is most likely going to die soon after birth (or even possibly before) she still didn't have an abortion. Myah's due date was 5 days ago. Please pray for her and her baby Hope.

2

We still have lots of pumpkins. Homeschooling mum for Christ asked for the recipe so Click here for Sarah's great recipe

Remember the photo I took of our pumpkin scones? I couldn't work out why they were so heavy. I thought the pumpkin might have made a difference. I realized though on Thursday that I had used plain flour instead of self raising flour. I will have to make them tomorrow with some self raising flour.

3.

Tom's pump site has changed this week. When he first went on the pump we were advised to use a quick set canula. Because he was so thin and tiny though, the canula kept on kinking and the insulin couldn't get through. We changed over to a silhouette and this was much better. The down side was the needle size. I hated injecting the site and he never got use to it. Emla cream made it easier but emla cream costs $80.00 a time. It has enough cream for about 20 changes so works out to $4.00 a time. Now we have the quick set the needle is only 6mm long and much easier to put in. I think Tom has enough weight on him now that the canula won't kink. We have had a successful week anyway with them this week.

4.

While I am on the topic of diabetes, I keep getting invites to join groups on facebook to find a cure for diabetes. I would love there to be a cure for diabetes but while jdrf and many other groups are funding embryonic stem cell research, I will not join any of these groups. I have though about starting a group called I want a diabetes cure but will not support groups that fund escr. Maybe I will. I just don't really know how to go about starting something like that.

5.

Today is Valentines day. We rarely do anything for Valentines. I think though today we will make some heart shape sweets for the children to enjoy and we will read the book about St. Valentine.

6.

The really hot weather has now finished. We haven't been to the pool at all this week. I think we will go over the weekend though.

7.

On Tuesday we will celebrate Christopher's 4th birthday. I am going to finish of his new shirt and shorts and we will buy him a toy this weekend.

don't forget to pop over to Jen at conversion diary for other quick 7. Therese

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the recipe for Pumpkin Bread. I will have to wait until I get all of the ingredients, but it sounds delicious. I can't wait to try making this.

Wow...$80 for cream just to insert the canula! That's soooo expensive!

Sometimes we (I) don't know when I'm well off.

Therese said...

the cream isn't for the canula, it is to numb the skin so that he didn't feel the needle.

the needle he had was pretty long and painful to insert. I hated it just about as much as he did without the cream.

Kym-Anne said...

I am glad to hear Tom has put on some weight. Poor baby, it must be so painful for him to have the canula.

Therese said...

lol Nanna K.

I was just reading your blog and come here to see a comment from you.

Laura said...

I am very proud of Myah. I will pray for her.

Leonie said...

Yum - pumpkin bread AND scones...

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.