Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Simple Womens Daybook - 3rd February 2009


For more day books visit Peggy

Outside my window...the day is starting to cool down. We will still have temps over 100 for the rest of the week.

I am thinking...about our home school program and how the new schedule is going. It is going pretty well I think considering the heat we have had.

I am thankful for...Our air conditioner.

From the learning rooms...Our new school year has started well.

From the kitchen...we are having spaghetti chicken for tea tonight. I cooked it this morning.

I am wearing...my new tan floral dress

I am creating...a stuffed snake for Christopher for his birthday.

I am going...out chauffeuring our family a lot this week.

I am reading...lots of great blogs.

I am hoping...to keep up with Tom's bsl diary this week.

I am hearing...Steve spraying the fly spray, Sam playing guitar hero and Madeline coughing.

Around the house...no one wants to clean up from our day.

One of my favorite things...Nescafe Vanilla latte.

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, swimming pool, hopefully getting our little car back on Friday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



My new dress that I am wearing. I sewed this to wear out for tea on our anniversary.

15 comments:

Leonie said...

Nice dress!

Therese said...

Thanks Leonie,

It was one of the easiest patterns I have ever made.

Mary said...

If they haven't helped to clean up in 30 min time - threaten strike action ;)

Are you watching, 'So you think you can dance'?

Therese said...

I think the girls looked at that last night Mary. I rarely sit in front of the TV.

Michele said...

pretty dress:) you look great!!

Unknown said...

I love the dress! It looks great on you!

Lisa said...

Pretty dress.&:o) Lovely lady!

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook! I had to do a double take on temps in the 100s--then quickly remembered that it's summer where you are! I live in Nebraska, which is in the central United States, and the warmest it's going to get today is 20 F. Whew!

You made a beautiful dress!

Cheers from a fellow Catholic mom!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Good job on the dress! It looks so nice on you!
Keep cool today!

Therese said...

ugh Aubrey,

20 sounds awful. I don't like the heat but I hate the cold even more.

thanks everyone for your compliments about the dress.

Therese

Tracy said...

Lovely dress!!

Anonymous said...

OH how I wish I could sew. You look lovely. Enjoy that tea out.
And Happy Anniversary.

I laughed when I saw you were grateful for the air conditioning.
With the snow and ice here we are grateful for the logs on the fire!

grace said...

You look lovely in your new dress and Happy Anniversary :-)

Sarah - Kala said...

You look great and that dress is very lovely! Talent abounds in all these blogs I read!!

Tea Time With Melody said...

Nice dress, you are very talented!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.