Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Wrap up.

This is a post that my blogging friend Chez does when she misses the 7 quick takes. I missed them this weekend so decided to do a weekend wrap up for you all.

-1-

Blogger was down all day Friday. That is why I didn't get a 7 quick takes up.

-2-

This weekend Amelia and Brigette had their first netball game. Netball started last weekend but we were away.

Amelia's team won.

Brigette's team lost.

-3-

Saturdays are going to be pretty busy for us. Steve and I go to mass and adoration every Saturday morning and now we also have two netball games to get the girls too. I hope that their netball games don't interfer with mass and adoration too much.

-4-

Today was a beautiful day. Steve and I went for a walk this morning. It was great to get out alone with him. Sometimes life seems so crazy in our house and even though we spend lots of time together, we can sometimes go days without talking about things that are on our mind or talking about things that we don't want to discuss in front of the children. We walked for one hour. I hope we can do this regularly every weekend at least. It would be good to do it during the week but I don't think that is going to happen with all that is going on in our house.

In the afternoon, we spent a lot of time out in the garden with the children. Our garden area that Steve put in has grown a lot since I posted pictures of it. I will try and get some photos up this week to show you how much it has changed.

-5-

Joseph is starting to walk finally. He still crawls most of the time but can take many steps in a row as long as he is heading for something. I think in the next couple of weeks, he will probably start walking everywhere.

-6-

On Friday Tom and Christopher had a check up with their endocrinologist. I was really happy that both boys have a much better hba1c. Last time they were tested, it was in the 8's and they are both in the 7's now. I really hope we can get them into the 6's by their next check up.

So that is my weekend wrap up. I hope you all had a great one too.

4 comments:

Jennifer in TX said...

I would love to see new pictures of your garden, Therese...I am hopeful that we may brighten up our backyard this summer...it is wonderful you all have this place to enjoy as a family...so happy that the endocrinoligist appts. went well. You have my prayers.
Hugs.

Angie said...

I would love to see your garden as well!

Tania said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend Therese.

Glad to hear that you and Steve got to spend some time alone together. I imagine it is a rare occurrence in your busy household.

I would love to see garden pics also please...

xTania

Unknown said...

sounds like a great weekend, can't wait to see your garden photos!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.