Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend wrap up

We have had a great weekend here.

Joseph got his first pair of shoes today. He has been walking in them a bit but is still getting use to them so was crawling around in them too.

Amelia had a netball game yesterday. Their team won 7 to 5 so she was pretty happy about that.

Today I cut up a huge big pumpkin that my friend Ellie gave me. We have a lot of boiled pumpkin. I am going to make some pumpkin soup and pumpkin bread with it.

Steve and I walked to town yesterday for our food shopping, Since we were only buying for breakfast, lunch and snacks, we were able to put the shopping in the basket under Joseph's pusher and push Joseph and the shopping home. I would love to buy a shopping trolley on wheels that we could take for it though.

We have been having a lot of trouble with our TV reception. Whenever the weather gets stormy or overcast, we have interference with it. Today Steve moved our antenna and it has been fixed. We have perfect reception now.

Steve took some photos of our backyard so that you can all see how the plants have grown,. It is really nice sitting out there in the middle of the day. I will often go out and sit in the sun with my coffee and phone at recess time. I read all the blogs in my reader while I am there. This is just one of the things I love about my new phone. Here are all the pictures:










Lastly, this weekend, Steve posted our 1470 post and this post is post 1471.. Only 29 posts now till we have 1500. I am thinking about having a give away for it so stay tuned.

9 comments:

Sue Elvis said...

Therese, I can just imagine you there, outside reading your favourite blogs! What a wonderful yard you have. Just imagine when all the plants are even bigger...Sounds like you had a great weekend. God bless!

Therese said...

Wow Sue. That was fast. It is a great area to sit in. The only problem is Joseph keeps throwing pebbles in the pond at our fish. He knows it is cold so doesn't get into it. It is much better though when he gets in the sandpit.

Leanne said...

The yard looks great...I too can imagine you reading your blogs out there too. We have just upgraded phones and providers..making a huge difference in internet access. You are nearly at post 1500. I just celebrated 250. Boy, I have a while to go...

Therese said...

Thanks Leanne. Those 1500 posts have been over nearly 5 years. I started out slow but picked up on posting as the years have gone on.

Tania said...

Your back yard is looking fantastic Therese, I bet it is nice sitting outside with your coffee...

I have a recipe for pumpkin teacake if you want it.

xTania

Tania said...

Here is the recipe Therese, it is yummy...

Pumpkin Tea Cake

25ogms butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
2 eggs
1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup milk

Icing:

60gms butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Mixture:
Beat butter and sugar together. Add grated orange. Add eggs 1 at a time. Add mashed pumpkin and coconut. Stir in sifted flour alternately with milk. Grease a deep 20cm round cake tin, use greased paper on bottom of tin. Pour mixture into cake tin and cook in a moderate oven (180 -200C) for 1 1/4 hours.

Icing:

Mix all the ingredients together in saucepan in stove. Ice cake and sprinkle with coconut.

Linda said...

Wow, Therese! They have grown fast! It's lovely to have a peaceful spot to sit during the day; I must fix up my little spot again, although I do need a new outside table. I finally got my 'Blogger' blog up and running: http://pillarsofpine.blogspot.com/

I still intend to keep the Adnil Press one, but thought it may be best to keep 'personal' and 'business' blogs separate. We'll see!

Talk to you soon,

Therese said...

Tania, I am going to make that cake tomorrow for a shared supper we are going to.

Linda, gtrat to hear about your personal blog. Looking forward to following along.

Hopefully the kids and I will be able to get out there for a visit. sometime soon.

Suzy Q said...

Your garden looks amazing! What a great space.
I haven't made pumpkin bread before, that sounds wonderful. We are big Pumpkin soup lovers though;)
Have a great week Therese, ans thank you for all the sweet comments you wrote over at my place.
xx

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.